• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand 2018

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amit Mishra so far ahead of Yasir Shah is quite surprising
Probably a case of Mishra only playing when the conditions were really spin friendly. Shah's also had a couple of shockers which has ballooned his average a bit.

Spark

Global Moderator
Kind of stating the obvious, but wow some of the shots played today were awful. By some of the more established batsmen especially.

cnerd123

likes this
broad 41 tests since 2015 holy ****
The volume of cricket the Big 3 play is just so much higher. The top two Kiwis in terms of balls faced are Kane (4401) and Latham (3566) for a total of 7,967 balls. Cook himself has faced 7,546 balls in the same time frame.

91Jmay

International Coach
Is this a good time to crack a joke about the "second tier"? Or are my English friends still a little sensitive? :ph34r:
Congrats on sneaking past Scotland.

Woeful display - such a weak team at the moment. NZ bowled well and Kane batted superbly but the amount of awful shots is a disgrace.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Congrats on sneaking past Scotland.

Woeful display - such a weak team at the moment. NZ bowled well and Kane batted superbly but the amount of awful shots is a disgrace.
Thank you sir. And I totally agree, embarrassing to watch we were but what can you do? NZ at home are becoming quite a force, got to win from here.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
England also batted appallingly in their first innings of the first test last time they toured. In fact if you look at the dismissals last time was comfortably worse - at least today a good half were proper fast bowler wickets.

... and last time England held on for the draw. They'll need help from the rain to do the same again, but there'll probably be a fair bit of that.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Boult has made his name on ridiculous spells so England were always up against it when he showed up in the zone, but the right hander in the top order that got bowled middle stump (I've seen the highlights just the once) is not going to have a good series if he's missing Trent Boult's stock lbw ball by that much. Should have been some pad in the way at least.

Nice to see the ball that goes the other way return. Completely fooled Stokes.

edit - duh it had to be root

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Boult has made his name on ridiculous spells so England were always up against it when he showed up in the zone, but the right hander in the top order that got bowled middle stump (I've seen the highlights just the once) is not going to have a good series if he's missing Trent Boult's stock lbw ball by that much. Should have been some pad in the way at least.

Nice to see the ball that goes the other way return. Completely fooled Stokes.

edit - duh it had to be root
Yeah that was the dismissal that stood out so much for me too. At a bare minimum the English batsmen should not be getting bowled so often between bat and pad.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Good atmosphere at the ground this evening. Only $15 for the ticket too, not $25 as I was expecting.

Just gutted I missed the fireworks.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Top day, can't ask for more - dismantling the opposition in the first session and getting through the post-dinner period with little damage. Glad that the long time between tests hasn't diminished KW's game. Can't wait to see the highlights, especially Boult's spell.

Mohali 1999 was quite the reversal after NZ bowled out India for 83 on the first day (NZ were left batting out 135 overs for draw at the end), so hope England are just batted out of this once and for all tomorrow.
Pretty sure England batted out in the second innings to save a test match in the 2013 series too..although they scored way more than 58. Probably around 170.