• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AB de Villiers vs Virat Kohli

Who is better ODI player

• Total voters

sunilz

International Regular
Fair point. Although I personally would still vote for him anyways because of chaser and all.
Already there is a thread on this
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cri...s-kohli-mother-all-odi-comparisons-print.html

Both are equal IMO. Will prefer De villiers while batting first and Kohli while chasing.
Who ever gets M.O.S in a WC gets the edge .
This comparison is like Mcgrath vs Ambrose in test. Very difficult to separate the two.
Have voted for De villiers to lower the difference of votes.

Chrish

International Debutant
Am I wrong in saying that good chaser is usually valued above other batsmen?? At least this seems to be the perception among majority if not all the fans as chasing is considered to be more difficult task than setting the target.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Since you said who is the best ODI player, I'll go with Abraham Benjamin, since he keeps and a better fielder than Borat.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
Abdv still the best Avg/SR in the business.

still its very very very close.
both in top 4 odi batsmen alltime

my top 6

Sachin
Viv
Abdv
Kohli
Dhoni
Lara

Shri

Mr. Glass
Kohli will end up being in the top 3 batsmen ever to play ODI cricket. Abdv will be one of the top 10 batsmen.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Difficult to compare as they have different roles. Kohli is used at nr3 to setup the game while abd likes to bat 5 and be the finisher for SA.

If you need somone to bat through an innings then kohli. If you need somone to go at an insane rate and finish the game then abd.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Abdv still the best Avg/SR in the business.

still its very very very close.
both in top 4 odi batsmen alltime

my top 6

Sachin
Viv
Abdv
Kohli
Dhoni
Lara
My top 4; (because there's a clear top 4, but not a clear top 5 or 6 for me)...

Viv
AB
Kohli
Tendulkar

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I had a clear top 6 until recently. But I don't know what Dhoni's struggles these days will do to his legacy. He was hugging #1 ranking for 2 years or so straight so probably still belongs in that group but he is not even a shadow of his former self these days.

Agree on top 4 though.

smash84

The Tiger King
I had a clear top 6 until recently. But I don't know what Dhoni's struggles these days will do to his legacy. He was hugging #1 ranking for 2 years or so straight so probably still belongs in that group but he is not even a shadow of his former self these days.

Agree on top 4 though.
Agreed regarding Dhoni, he's really damaging himself these last few years

Victor Ian

International Coach
Agreed regarding Dhoni, he's really damaging himself these last few years
That would be a shame. Once you have put a long career of awesome on the board a few cap years at the end should be able to be ignored. It's not the players fault someone better hasn't stepped up.

RK_123

School Boy/Girl Captain
Lol, In what universe was Ponting a better ODI bat than AB & Kohli? C'mon mate, that's absurd.
I think it would be unfair to have zero Australian batsmen in top 5. They have won 5 out of 10 World Cups afterall.

RK_123

School Boy/Girl Captain
Michael Bevan is the obvious Aussie candidate for top 5.
Why you think so? Ponting captained his team, batted in top order, had more gears and had more responsibility and was an outstanding fielder.

Bevan had to just face the old ball and finish off the chases and didnt had the responsibility of any other task in the team lIke dhoni does( w/k and captaincy) or Ponting or Gilly does. He had the nerve of steel and would see of pressure moments but I dont really think his contributions to Australian cricket were anywhere equivalent to Ponting, Gilly, McGrath and Warne.