• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time England XI game

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why are Barrington's FC stats so meh? (relative to his test record)
IIRC The Oval in the 50’s were the definition of a minefield designed for Laker and Lock to bowl sides out cheaply twice in the 3-day era. He also was far more of a dasher at county level than he was at Tests.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
IIRC The Oval in the 50’s were the definition of a minefield designed for Laker and Lock to bowl sides out cheaply twice in the 3-day era. He also was far more of a dasher at county level than he was at Tests.
Much better explanation than the one I provided.

Peter May, however, averages a fair bit more at FC level, also having played the majority of his matches at the Oval in the 50's.

I'm going to change my vote to May/Compton.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
England XI
1 J Hobbs
2 L Hutton
3 W Hammond
4 K Barrington
5 D Compton
7 A Knott+
8 H Larwood
9 J Laker
10 F Trueman