• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time England XI game

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
- Name Hobbs opening partner for the England XI
- Select the teams spin bowling option. I think its unlikely, but If more than 50% dont think a spinner is needed, the spinner with most votes will make the A team and ill ask for another quick. So let me know if u dont want a spinner.
Leonard Hutton.

Jim Laker.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
England XI
1 J Hobbs
2 L Hutton
3 W Hammond
7 A Knott+
8 H Larwood
9 J Laker
10 F Trueman
11 S Barnes

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Sigh Barrington and Compton.

Realistically if you had all these players irl, wouldn't you rather Hobbs Sutcliffe Hutton Hammond Compton over Hobbs Hutton Hammond Barrington Compton?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We need someone to play long, painfully slow innings then randomly hit the spinners back over the sight screen, and Barrington is that man.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Hmm, Barrington averaged something like 77 batting at 3, 55 at 4 and 41 at 5. Feels like if you're going to pick Barrington he should bat at 3.

Hammond also has a better average at 3 than 4, but that's largely down to one series vs NZ...

Compton
May

Gnske

I'd like to protest the inclusion of the arm and will of Douglas Jardine in this England XI. Disrespectful.

mr_mister

Why are Barrington's FC stats so meh? (relative to his test record)

Last edited: