• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Auctions 2018

Borges

International Regular
cricinfo is talking about the bid for BCCI's TV rights for test matches etc, as if it is a really huge deal. Don't they realise that this is less than 40% for what these guys got for the IPL?

What are all these Indian posters doing here, talking about ball tampering and the like? Go home, watch the IPL.
Chennai Super Kings is the future of Indian cricket. Unlike the Aussies, we don't even have to wait: they are already back after having served their sentence for cheating.

Sarun

U19 Debutant
Per match, international matches are currently (when the bid closed today so probably might even increase more tomorrow) more than IPL rate.

BigCaine

School Boy/Girl Captain
cricinfo is talking about the bid for BCCI's TV rights for test matches etc, as if it is a really huge deal. Don't they realise that this is less than 40% for what these guys got for the IPL?

What are all these Indian posters doing here, talking about ball tampering and the like? Go home, watch the IPL.
Chennai Super Kings is the future of Indian cricket. Unlike the Aussies, we don't even have to wait: they are already back after having served their sentence for cheating.
India's going to play 102 matches in 5 years. Ipl will have 300. You expect both to pay same gross amount?

Borges

International Regular
India's going to play 102 matches in 5 years. Ipl will have 300. You expect both to pay same gross amount?
And how many games would the Ranji Trophy have? Six hundred or so?
By this logic, there should now be the mother of all auctions, fetching twice as much moolah as the IPL.

But I get beyond myself: the great pundits of cricketweb are kind enough to remind me, for the umpteenth time, that all these games are "home games", that they do not matter in the least. That if they were running the BCCI, they would have offered to pay the broadcasters for agreeing to cover these utterly meaningless games.

It is all clear now; I've been enlightened.

BigCaine

School Boy/Girl Captain
By this logic, there should now be the mother of all auctions, fetching twice as much moolah as the IPL.

But I get beyond myself: the great pundits of cricketweb are kind enough to remind me, for the umpteenth time, that all these games are "home games", that they do not matter in the least. That if they were running the BCCI, they would have offered to pay the broadcasters for agreeing to cover these utterly meaningless games.

You need to read econ101 even math101 would do the job, i would recommend common sense but they don't make books for that sadly.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Look it's not edgy when it's dumb