• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The up'n'coming

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The difference is that New Zealand plays like that far more often than the West Indies. I can think of 7 times in ODIs that the WI has played like a team in the past year and we've won all but 1 of those games. In Test matches it's only happened 3 times - 1 win, 2 draws.

V Reddy

International Debutant
masterblaster said:
Indian talent is everywhere.

Irfan, Balaji, Salvi, Munaf are just the young fast bowlers who are still making their mark in World Cricket.

Then with Rayadu, Dhawan, Raina, Mane, Gambhir, Yuvraj, Kaif, Badani are all very good batsmen all under 24. With Yuvraj, Badani and Kaif already established players in the Senior team.

With the gloves there is Parthiv Patel, Dinesh Karthik, Ajay Ratra, Thilak Naidu.

All rounders include Ramesh Powar, Reetinder Sodhi

Spinners include Sarandeep Singh, Amit Mishra

So India is pretty well equipped for the future.

I disagree with your last 6 players and not too sure about Dhawan and Raina too. They only played well in U-19 and the percentage of players graduating to international class are very less. An example of it Reetinder Sodhi who performed so well at u-19 level but was found to be incapable in intl cricket.

DJ

School Boy/Girl Captain
Loony BoB said:
Anyone have the average ages for the current sides? Might be asking a bit much!
Australia: 43
England, SA, India, SL, Pak, WI: 27
Zim: 11 and a half next Thursday

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loony BoB said:
Anyone have the average ages for the current sides? Might be asking a bit much!
The average age of the West Indies squad that went to Zimbabwe was about 25.

The one that is playing against England today is just over 26. Of the English team playing today, their average age is exactly the same as the West Indies by my rough calculation.

bhooth nath

School Boy/Girl Captain
vishnureddy said:
I disagree with your last 6 players and not too sure about Dhawan and Raina too. They only played well in U-19 and the percentage of players graduating to international class are very less. An example of it Reetinder Sodhi who performed so well at u-19 level but was found to be incapable in intl cricket.
vishnureddy, i am surprised that you living in india did not see the u-19 world cup. i was very impressed by shikhar dhawan, but however, he looked a bit egdy and looked like getting out after he had made 60-70, so it is going to be atleast 3-4 years before dhawan is considered for international cricket. as for suresh raina, he looked to be impressive. do not forget, but it was irfan pathan who did well for the u-19s last year and also did well in the senior team as well.

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Very good post. The problem with West Indies cricket is just that - they don't play as a unit. After all, a team of eleven good players will always beat a group of eleven exceptional players.
I think somebody should enroll Lara into the Sir Frank Worrell school of getting a team to play together. He managed to get his teammates from the different islands to play as a team, which rubbed onto Sobers, Lloyd and Richards.

He IMO was your greatest ever captain.