• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time world ODI XI game

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Afridi offers more variety and more hitting. Flintoff more reliable obviously.
Why do we want variety out of 1 player? I dont Afridi with Vettori, but Flintoff would have fit all of the teams since World A.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Think Afridi needs a really solid batting line up for one to take a chance with him, so I'd have him either in the #1 / #2 side (but of course better options are available there), since he rightfully didn't get selected for them I will not take him till at least the 10th or so side, he is way too much unreliable as a #7.

On topic -

Flintoff

Starc
Lee

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Lee and Lillee win. There's a tie between Afridi and Flintoff, so Flintoff goes through because I voted for Afridi.

World ODI First XI

Adam Gilchrist +
Sachin Tendulkar
Viv Richards
Virat Kohli
AB DeVilliers
Michael Bevan
Kapil Dev
Wasim Akram
Joel Garner
Muttiah Muralitharan
Glenn McGrath

World ODI Second XI

Mark Waugh
Sanath Jayasuriya
Ricky Ponting
Zaheer Abbas
Andrew Symonds
MS Dhoni +
Lance Klusener
Imran Khan
Shaun Pollock
Saqlain Mushtaq
Curtly Ambrose

World ODI Third XI

Shane Watson
Brian Lara
Kumar Sangakkara +
Dean Jones
Javed Miandad
Michael Hussey
Aravinda de Silva
Richard Hadlee
Shane Warne
Waqar Younis
Alan Donald

World ODI Fourth XI

-
Gordon Greenidge
Greg Chappell
Inzamam-ul Haq
Clive Lloyd
Brendon McCullum+ (his batting position may change depending on the last player we'll select)
Andrew Flintoff
Daniel Vettori
Brett Lee
Dennis Lillee
Michael Holding

- Select the last player to complete the team

- Select captains for First, 2nd and 3rd XIs

I'll start the voting myself. In case of a tie, my vote will be ignored and the other player (that I haven't voted for) will win. My votes are for:

Hashim Amla
Viv Richards, MS Dhoni, Shane Warne

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Saeed Anwar

Captains are tough..

Kohli
Imran
Warne

The Imran Ponting Dhoni trio from the A team is the toughest.