• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time world ODI XI game

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
Surprised by how many votes for Dhoni, considering Gilly was a better keeper, fitter and a far more decisive batsman.

Mine is

Gilly wk

Akram
Younis

Why split up the best ODI pair I've seen. I can understand votes for McGrath though.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Ok, so Gilchrist leads Dhoni by one, 11 to 10 (plus he would have my vote FWIW)

Wasim ends with 13 votes, McGrath with 13, and Garner with 11. So McGrath and Wasim are the two to go thru. Lee, Pollock, Lillee, Hadlee and Younis all earned one vote each.

World ODI First XI

Adam Gilchrist
-
-
-
-
-
-
Wasim Akram
-
-
Glenn McGrath

Red

Please select the following for your World First XI:

- Your number 3 batsman.

- A spinner.

- Your third seamer.

Last edited:

Red

Weldone, I edited my post above yours to make it clearer but I dont think it should effect your votes.

Teuton

International Captain
Viv
Warne
Hadlee

Edit: change Hadlee to Garner - I forgot to check that he wasn't already picked

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ponting
Warne
Garner

Ponting @3, Richards @4
Garner should be first picked for an ODI XI so it'd be criminal if he didn't make the team. That basically means Warne has to be the spinner (unless we went left-field and picked Afridi or Hoggy).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Kohli

Murali

Lee

Ive gone for Lee due to his superior strike rate and I wanted an outright speedstar as I feel that compliments the attack more nicely. Waqar was the other bowler I considered, and Bond to a degree.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Viv Afridi Waqar

If Wasim Akram bats at 8, then Ill back the No 2 team over No 1 team just due to the long tail.

Last edited: