• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

In-out draft

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
As there seems to be a lull, I've had an idea for a draft for ages that I'll throw out to see if there's interest.

11 rounds as normal but each round involves 2 picks.

Player 1 selects someone who is banned for the round.
Player 2 selects a player to draft to their team.
Player 3 selects someone to ban
and so on to the end of the order then it snakes back so that every person has picked one player.

When the second round starts, the previously banned players are available to pick again (or be banned again).

No restrictions on any player except that they must have played a Test.

Missed "bans" will be replaced by a random player generator (by me). Missed picks will need catching up before the round ends or they will also be replaced by a random player generator.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Right now I am listening to Sam Harris on youtube explaining how free will is an illusion. I think that at least fits very well with drafter 1 of round 1 in this draft, lol.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
In. Would be nice to see an example of how this works.
Example:
Round1:
1. weldone : Vinod Kambli out (Kambli can't be selected in round 1, but can be selected later)
2. Himanv: Russell Arnold (takes Arnold in his team)
3. Red Hill: Tom Moddy out (Moody can't be selected in round 1, but can be selected later)
4. jimmy: Mark Wood (takes Wood in his team)
...and so on till no. 10 (let's say we have 10 drafters)...and then we go in reverse for the same round
17. jimmy: Moeen Ali out (Moeen can't be selected in round 1, but can be selected later)
18. Red Hill: Sunil Joshi (takes Joshi in his team)
19. Himanv: Asanka Gurusinha out (Asanka can't be selected in round 1, but can be selected later)
20. weldone: Doda Ganesh (takes Ganesh in his team)

Round 1 ends

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Missed "bans" will be replaced by a random player generator (by me). Missed picks will need catching up before the round ends or they will also be replaced by a random player generator.
I have a feeling this is a massive point and the winner maybe decided as a result of this. Can we think of options other than random player generator?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I have a feeling this is a massive point and the winner maybe decided as a result of this. Can we think of options other than random player generator?
The alternative is that people have to accept a bit of a wait at times rather then the usual jumping in and picking 30 seconds after a person's time has elapsed. Obviously the bans won't come immediately after people miss a pick in any event as it will wait for me to be able to pick the ban (so effectively that gives a bit more time).

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
The alternative is that people have to accept a bit of a wait at times rather then the usual jumping in and picking 30 seconds after a person's time has elapsed. Obviously the bans won't come immediately after people miss a pick in any event as it will wait for me to be able to pick the ban (so effectively that gives a bit more time).
Yes, give everyone 12 hours per pick, and then if someone misses his pick (for the odd picks only, i.e. out picks) then the next drafter has to wait till either the previous drafter comes back or you come with a random player, whichever happens first.

For the even picks (the normal in picks), the next drafter doesn't have to wait after 12 hours have passed.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
7 in so far, any more takers? Ideally I think an even number is better as if it's odd the double picker is hardly going to ban Sobers then pick Irfan Pathan in that order...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Here goes then.

12 hours per pick for an "in" pick. For an "out" pick, it's 12 hours plus whatever time it takes me to realise that I need to do something.

Round 1 order:

Out: AndrewB
In: weldone
Out: Pothas
In: Red Hill
Out: randycricfreak
In: morgieb
Out: Himannv
In: jimmy101
Out: jimmy101
In: Himannv
Out: morgieb