• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Coverage - what does it lack, and what can be better?

Camo999

State 12th Man
Yep the 'coverage' in the UK is a disgrace. I'm looking forward to the 8 T20 games or whatever it is in the year 2020 they are meant to be showing on free to air.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
2020 we get two Twenty20 internationals, 10 (out of 36) games from the new Twenty20 competition and nine women's Twenty20s.

No test cricket! Not even an one-dayer!

And who would ever get into a new competition, opt for and support a team, when you only have access to 27% of the competition? With eight teams you are probably only going to see ''your'' team play once or twice!!

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Get away from the trend for commentators to only cover their nation. I'd like to see a more diverse spread for future series.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is there any sort of survey data out there that shows people who get into cricket via t20 eventually start following tests as well?

Kirkut

International Regular
Cut down on advertising billboards, but that would be against the commerce of the game. There is a reason why I like watching the coverage of Indian domestic games - simplicity, uncluttered and more focus on cricket. Maybe the bats used by Ranji players are nothing like customized weapons used by international cricketers which is the reason why the game looks more balanced between bat and ball.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Is there any sort of survey data out there that shows people who get into cricket via t20 eventually start following tests as well?
It would be interesting to know

I certainly watched ODIs more as a kid than test cricket, gradually making the conversion across as I got older