• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2018

Woodster

International Captain
Yes Siddle at Essex for the first five CC games.

For anyone that is remotely interested, can't imagine too many of you, have a look at my blog below for what I think of the signing!

Tom Flint

International Regular
Why only the first 5 games? Can't see anything stopping him playing the whole season unless they have someone else coming in after?

Woodster

International Captain
Why only the first 5 games? Can't see anything stopping him playing the whole season unless they have someone else coming in after?
If they're working to a similar strategy as last season they might want a left-armer brought in to really bring Harmer into the game when spin may be slightly more prevalent. Neil Wagner may already be lined up again.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Rashid Khan to Sussex for half the t20. https://www.sussexcricket.co.uk/news/rashid-khan-joins-sussex-sharks-t20-blast

I know English clubs have tried to sign afghanis in the past but couldn't get the visa. Presumably with Afghanistan becoming a test nation their players can now get visas.

Sussex have a real load of options for t20 especially in bowling and rare attacking options (at least in english cricket). Archer, Briggs, Beer, Rashid, Mills, Garton, Jordan, Wiese.

It's a great signing in that he's a great bowler, but the squad would possibly benefit more from a batsman.

Woodster

International Captain
Fantastic signing and I'm pleased we're going to get to see him in our T20 competition this summer, I agree, in that they have some fantastic options for T20 cricket and they are certainly going for bowling to be their strength.

Whether they've got the balance of the side right I'm not so sure either but the Gillespie factor and his connection with Rashid (his coach at Adelaide) certainly paying dividends in bringing such a talent over to Sussex.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

Essex and Sussex have done all their big signings at once it seems.

Just waiting for Durham to sign Virat Kohli now - I think I saw a flying pig.

theegyptian

Exclusive: Adil Rashid turns back on first-class cricket after agreeing white ball-only Yorkshire contract

rashid giving up first class cricket. Bad news for Yorkshire, bad news for English cricket. Championship cricket is going to get weaker and weaker if the likes of Buttler Rashid Morgan Billings willey etc stop playing alltogether, plus they'll never develop to become those test quality players that they possibly could with the skills they possess.

Had a bit of money on Yorkshire to win championship this year at 8-1 so I too am rather disappointed that there will be no rashid around. He'd have been available for a good chunk of the games and offers better balance than Rafiq.

theegyptian

Interesting that the northeast thing hasn't been resolved. Seems to be dragging on. Kent actually doing quite well in the West Indies 50 over comp. Denly been excellent with the ball.

Dobell seemed to think Hampshire was an option for Northeast. Notts and Sussex other teams I've seen mooted.

Bailey not going back to Hampshire. Good news if you ask me. Get in an opener or another fast bowler.