• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2018

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kohli/Pujara/Ishant have a decent chance to acclimatize and India can potentially call up Aaron if there's an injury crisis. Hopefully the team won't arrive one week before the first Test like in SA too. We have to do well in England this time.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hilton Cartwright signs for Middlesex. Quite a few Australians playing in England in the Winter : Hilton Cartwright signs on with Middlesex - ESPNcricinfo

So to sum up for Overseas players

DIVISION 1
Lancashire : Joe Mennie
Yorkshire : Kane Williamson/Cheteshwar Pujara
Notts : Ross Taylor
Worcs : Travis Head/Martin Guptill
Essex : Peter Siddle/Neil Wagner
Surrey : Mitchell Marsh/Virat Kohli
Hampshire : Hashim Amla/Dale Steyn
Somerset :

DIVISION 2
Durham : Aiden Markram/Tom Latham
Warwickshire : Jeetan Patel
Derbyshire : Duanne Olivier
Leicestershire : Varun Aaron/Mohammed Abbas
Northants : Doug Bracewell/Rory Kleinveldt
Glamorgan : Shaun Marsh
Gloucestershire : Daniel Worrall
Middlesex : Hilton Cartwright
Kent : Matt Henry
Sussex : Ishant Sharma

Just for the Blast :
Essex : Adam Zampa
Gloucestershire : Andrew Tye
Kent : Marcus Stoinis/Adam Milne
Leicestershire : Mohammed Nabi
Middlesex : Ashton Agar
Northants : Seekkuge Prasanna
Notts : Dan Christian/Ish Sodhi
Somerset : Corey Anderson
Surrey : Aaron Finch
Sussex : Rashid Khan
Warwickshire : Colin de Grandhomme
Yorkshire : Billy Stanlake
Lancashire : James Faulkner
Worcestershire : Callum Ferguson
When was the last time the County system was this infested with Australians?

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
A lot more second rate Shield players these days than the days you could see Ponting and the Husseys.

S.Kennedy

There'll certainly be some star power on show in the matches between Hants, Surrey and Yorkshire. I'm not sure if these timings are right but there might be a possibility of Steyn bowling to a Kohli or a Kane Williamson!

SeamUp

International Coach
Mitch Marsh out for the first half of English summer at least as he has to go for ankle surgery. Hoping for 2nd half.

Alec Stewart says process for replacemt has already started.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's a big shame. Would have given him a great chance to sort his technique out for once and for all.

S.Kennedy

I'll go,

Lancashire
Surrey
Essex
Hampshire
Notts
Yorkshire
Somerset
Worcs

Middlesex
Sussex

Northants
Warwickshire
Durham
Kent
Derbybshire
Leics
Glam
Gloucs

Bell and Trott are carrying Warwickshire.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Can Leicestershire be the shock team in Div 2 with Nixon in charge ?

Carberry, Ackermann , Cosgrove with the bat and Chappell & Aaron/Abbas with the ball ?

S.Kennedy

Hmm, I thought I was being bold sticking Glamorgan and Gloucs below them. Nixon might turn them into a decent Twenty20 side like his Caribbean sides.

I just cannot see Warwickshire yo-yoing back up. I wouldn't be surprised if Durham are ahead of them. Middlesex and Gillespie's Sussex for me.

Durham have to give these new seamers another two-three years I feel.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
jimmy franklins days in the first team at middlesex might be limited with cartwright signing on.

shame, franklin is a legend for boiling so many northerners piss in 2016 when middlesex won the title on the last day of the season with that beautiful win over yorkshire.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Hmm, I thought I was being bold sticking Glamorgan and Gloucs below them. Nixon might turn them into a decent Twenty20 side like his Caribbean sides.

I just cannot see Warwickshire yo-yoing back up. I wouldn't be surprised if Durham are ahead of them. Middlesex and Gillespie's Sussex for me.

Durham have to give these new seamers another two-three years I feel.
Got to make Middlesex and Sussex favs. They have the best bowling attacks. Saying that Sussex will be without Archer and Jordan who are at the IPL.

Warwickshire will need more from Hain and getting Olly Stone back to his best could be crucial.

ImpatientLime

Middlesex team ?

Gubbins
Robson
Eskinazi
Cartwright
Malan/Morgan
Simpson
Franklin
TRJ/Harris
Finn
Helm
Murtagh

Holden, Fuller, Barber

S.Kennedy

Seemingly Somerset play a four-day friendly against Ireland starting tomorrow, covered by the Beeb (BBC Somerset),

Marcus Trescothick, Eddie Byrom, George Bartlett, James Hildreth, Tom Abell (c), Steve Davies, Lewis Gregory, Josh Davey, Dom Bess, Jamie Overton, Tim Groenewald, Paul van Meekeren and Ben Green.

William Porterfield (c), James Shannon, Andrew Balbirnie, Niall O’Brien, Paul Stirling, Kevin O’Brien, Simi Singh, Gary Wilson, Barry McCarthy, Boyd Rankin, Tim Murtagh, Peter Chase and Andy McBrine.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
reckon stirling will get the nod over franklin.

then rayner (wrongly) over probably helm. patel should be invested in now over rayner but ollie will play due to his superior batting and slip catching.

morgan is injured and not getting near the team regardless. blokes returns in the 4 day game have been poor in recent years.

excited to see if barber can push through. not sure how long murtagh has long left and finns sub standard showings can only be put up with for so much longer.

S.Kennedy

He has been making the right noises about playing red-ball cricket this season, Morgan has.