• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2017/18

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Zimbabwe making a mess of the target now

Not sure asking Anamul to be the aggressor right from the beginning is the right option by the management. Looks out of his comfort zone

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That pitch was pretty ****ed. I love me some bowler-friendly games, but the inconsistency of the it was really telling, even in the first innings. I loaded up on Bangladesh at 2.15 just before the innings break because I knew there was basically no chance of Zimbabwe chasing anything above 180 on that. The Tamim and Shakib innings were really under-rated for that reason, and despite the commentators waxing lyrical and Cremer's captaincy I think he misread the situation a little bit thinking that he was achieving something by getting Waller to bowl all these cheap but innocuous overs during that partnership before bringing himself on and trying to break it.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
^ Given that they have packed the entire tournament at Mirpur, I think we will see more of these pitches as I doubt groundstaff are getting enough time between matches to do the needful

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
The permutation is almost very simple. So slim is the difference in net run rate between Zimbabwe (-1.087) and Sri Lanka (0.989), that Sri Lanka must win. There is a chance - provided the match is high-scoring enough - that they can qualify even if they lose very narrowly,
Looks like almost a must win situation for SL tomorrow

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
What's going on bro? You not keeping up to date these days? Guy was BD coach for over 2 years
Heh coach is one topic in cricket where I am almost never up to date unless it concerns the Indian team, or a high-profile cricketer who turns coach. (e.g. Andy Flower, Gary Kirsten)

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
wtf Lakmal

I guess expecting Bangla to go unbeaten in the group stages was a bit too optimistic. Sure hope we smash Lanka in the finals tho

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't believe Bangladesh got bowled out for 82 against Sri Lanka lol :laugh:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Do not really get why Mehidy is bowling his 8th over in a row when he is going at just over a run a ball.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Do not really get why Mehidy is bowling his 8th over in a row when he is going at just over a run a ball.
Those figures weren't really reflective of how he was bowling, or even how the non-Mendis batsmen were playing him. If Mendis had played a longer innings he would've been dragged, but watching the match it seemed fine to keep him going once he was gone. If you take Mendis out he bowled 9.1 overs 1/30.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah true I hadnt really thought about it that way. I guess I was thinking Bang needed wickets so someone else was worth a try.

Isura

U19 Captain
We should stick to playing Ban/Zim and soon Afgan/Ireland. Throw in WI once in a while and we will be unbeatable.