• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2017/18

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sri Lanka are very lucky to have automatically qualified for the World Cup, reckon if they had to play the qualifier they might miss out.
Their 2017 record was amazingly terrible. They played seven ODI series and failed to win any of them (six series losses and a 1-1 drawn home series against Bangladesh). This run included getting pumped 5-0 three times (including once at home) and a series loss to Zimbabwe.

They're a level of **** at the moment most people haven't really grasped. How they managed to beat India in that CT game, I'll never know.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Their 2017 record was amazingly terrible. They played seven ODI series and failed to win any of them (six series losses and a 1-1 drawn home series against Bangladesh). This run included getting pumped 5-0 three times (including once at home) and a series loss to Zimbabwe.

They're a level of **** at the moment most people haven't really grasped. How they managed to beat India in that CT game, I'll never know.
Yeah I think Sri Lanka's ****ness flies under the radar as they haven't been truly awful at Tests yet, plus they aren't a high profile team. Their ODI form though is junk, I'm not convinced they're even a Top 10 team at this point.

Bahseph

State Captain
I really wouldn't be able to name the best XI from Sri Lanka for an ODI. Probably the only Test Nation I can say that about. So much chopping and changing.

Aritro

International Regular
That Sri Lanka performance reminded me of Bangladesh when they're not at the races. Genuinely taken aback by some of the fielding and batting.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow, Sri Lanka are copping 150 run hammerings against Bangladesh now. Their ODI team is absolutely dire right now.

Not even sure what they can do about it, they seem to have picked a pretty strong team for this series, their players just aren't performing.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
this is honestly the first time in my lifetime that I have chosen not to continue watching SL play and to do something else..looks like it was a good choice..well done Bangladesh..
based on the two matches I have seen we don't deserve to be playing top level cricket at present..

Last edited:

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
I know this is awkward. But there's this though going on we will find it exteremely difficult to beat Bangladesh at any point of the tri series.We have completely lost it.We have had almost every senior guy in the team captaining and the team is in dire straits without a doubt.

We played close to 40 odd player since 2015 WC to the CT 2017,Obviously when you lose three 10k+ runscorers in ODI cricket, (all of whom played in the top 4) within a year or so the outcome is not going to to favour you.We can't forever lament on our trasnitioning.

And the other things is Mathews getting consistently hamstrung. Its so annoying at the moment, he plays one game, can't play the next due to the hamstring.

The very Mathews was the reason behind 3 forced changes for 2011 WC Final.Mathews was such a key player at that time. Imagine in and out Mathews with the current lot.

I think we have tried too many openers, no3s,no4s for my liking.Literally everyone has played at every place except for Mathews as an opener and a no3.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Mendis is quickly becoming a Tests only player (I realize he was dropped from the last Test series).

Why isnt Dickwella opening, I thought that he and Tharanga formed a good partnership.

Bahseph

State Captain
It's time for Mathews to give up the bowling and only field at slip in my opinion. The batting line up looks way too weak without him for him to carry on as an "all-rounder".

Himannv

International Coach
It's time for Mathews to give up the bowling and only field at slip in my opinion. The batting line up looks way too weak without him for him to carry on as an "all-rounder".
The problem is that the bowling attack is rubbish for most part so his bowling is probably needed. I agree that he's a bit too fragile for it.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
SL will probably win today but $1.30 vs Zim $3.50 is excellent value for the Zimbos.

Himannv

International Coach
Phew. There was no way we were chasing down something closer to 250 there.

Thisara Perera has surprisingly become our best player. So unexpected.

cnerd123

likes this
Bangla gonna Bangla

Cruising alone and then a lollapse, will probably lose this now barring something special from the bowlers