• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2017/18

SeamUp

International Coach
Just looking at Zimbabwe's ODI squad. Nice to see much touted youngsters in Murray and Mavuta get backed. But the fact that Sean Williams is not there and Malcolm Waller is there makes you shake your head.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I heard Murray was leaving, so I suspect he's basically been picked to prevent that from happening. The commentators were talking about his selection ahead of Williams on air, but I agree with you that it shouldn't have been the decision they had to make anyway -- there was room for both if they really wanted Murray in.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
disappointed that Dickwella not playing today..not his fault that management have messed him about in terms of batting in various positions

YorksLanka

International Debutant
yes he is a good player..dont think we can score this many..usually we only get to around 200 these days

SeamUp

International Coach
I heard Murray was leaving, so I suspect he's basically been picked to prevent that from happening. The commentators were talking about his selection ahead of Williams on air, but I agree with you that it shouldn't have been the decision they had to make anyway -- there was room for both if they really wanted Murray in.
100%

As a smaller cricketing nation with not much of a domestic set-up you may have to carry some younger players before they ready and integrate them.

It definitely shouldn't be for the two youngsters that Williams comes in. More so Waller or Chisoro. I would keep Moor around the group event though Taylor is keeping and Murray can keep.

SeamUp

International Coach
Interesting game on the go here. Zimbo's got 290 , Sri Lanka currently 86/2 in the 17th

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sri Lanka are very lucky to have automatically qualified for the World Cup, reckon if they had to play the qualifier they might miss out.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Sri Lanka are very lucky to have automatically qualified for the World Cup, reckon if they had to play the qualifier they might miss out.
think you are right..as it is, I cant see us winning any matches unless we improve dramatically in the run up to it...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
World Cup qualifier is going to be interesting. Zimbabwe is consistently beating SL. Ireland has beaten Afghanistan in the last series. Who knows what may happen! There's even a chance of WI missing out. Any 2 of these 4 teams can qualify imo.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
There is a very good chance of WI missing out. I mean WI test side has shown genuine improvement but the ODI side is dire. With the right conditions, I can see Afghanistan beating them in a game.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricket has really become 2-tiered now with current performances of WI and SL. All of WI, SL, BD, Zim, Afg and Ire are in second tier who can win among themselves but can potentially spring a surprise win against top tier nations just once in a while.

I totally agree with the current qualifying format of WC because of this.