• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft idea: Silent auction

kingkallis

International Coach
Naah I have seen people losing the drafts despite having Don, Sobers. The final balance will be extremely crucial here. Weldone, Sam, Ankut, myself have great chances.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Next set is also of remaining players or players who covers the remaining amount?
In each round you must use all your remaining money to try to complete your XI, so in your case you need to pick 5 players and spend $360,000.

Picks received from marc71178, ankitj and harsh.ag (including corrections from ankitj). In light of the correction pointed out by Himannv, they are free to modify their picks (obviously anyone who picked Border will have to, but I won't say if that's the case for anyone :-))

Edit: picks also now received from Himannv.

Last edited:

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
You're right - Allan Border was also picked by Himannv, so he has $79004 to spend on 4 players.
Do I still get to pick or am I done? I was not expecting to get all my picks haha Anyway, my XI is balanced more towards batting, but if this is it for me, then this is the team I have:

1. Sanath Jayasuriya (5)
2. Rahul Dravid
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Viv Richards (6)
5. Kevin Pietersen
6. Mohammad Yousuf
7. Shakib Al Hasan (3)
8. Mark Boucher
9. Wasim Akram (1)
10. Simon Jones (4)
11. Matthew Hoggard (2)

Looking back at it, it may just be the strongest team, rather batting line up, not to include Imran Khan, Gary Sobers and a handful of others.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Sorry, I didnt read the OP properly and I got busy.

Good draft though. Weldone went hard in R1!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Do I still get to pick or am I done? I was not expecting to get all my picks haha Anyway, my XI is balanced more towards batting, but if this is it for me, then this is the team I have:

1. Sanath Jayasuriya
2. Rahul Dravid
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Viv Richards
5. Kevin Pietersen
6. Mohammad Yousuf
7. Shakib Al Hasan
8. Mark Boucher
9. Wasim Akram
10. Simon Jones
11. Matthew Hoggard

Looking back at it, it may just be the strongest team, rather batting line up, not to include Imran Khan, Gary Sobers and a handful of others.
You certainly have the best XI to date but that's only because you're the only person with 11 players.