• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

Bahseph

State Captain
Honestly can't call this one. I'm going 2-1 to SA but that hinges on QDK not playing like he has a hole in his bat like against India. He was massive when we won down under.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA are going to dominate. Bancroft and Marshes will be walking wickets. Khawaja will underperform. Starc will average 40+ with the ball and Lyon will take 1 wicket for the series at an average of 613. Warner will get found out and Smith will fight averaging 50 for the series but it won't be anywhere near enough.

Daemon

Lyon being mediocre as usual but picking up 1-2 wickets every innings from frustrated batsmen getting battered by Cummins/Starc/Haze is almost a given. Most likely one caught in the deep and another off a tailender edging to slip.

TheJediBrah

Lyon being mediocre as usual but picking up 1-2 wickets every innings from frustrated batsmen getting battered by Cummins/Starc/Haze is almost a given. Most likely one caught in the deep and another off a tailender edging to slip.
Way too much real life

OverratedSanity

3-0 Australia. Think this SA side is far more flawed than people think. An India team which couldn't finish them off at crucial moments isn't the same as what Australia will bring...much better suited to the conditions. Expect Haze to own Amla again.

vcs

Hoping SA will finally win, but Australia always have a tendency to play very well on this tour. Should be fun either way.

Burgey

Warner must be ****ing exhausted with all the cricket he’s played. balancing that with his political career, a young family and book writing would wear anyone out

srbhkshk

International Captain
It's a weird series in the sense that the strengths and weaknesses of the two teams are pretty much similar so what kind of pitch they get is not really a big issue.

SeamUp

International Coach
Watching in conversation with Jonty Rhodes before the test.

Think he was SAs most popular cricketer amongst the youth in the country in the 90s.

An inspiration.

Last edited:

Rasimione

U19 Captain
This test series could end up being a draw, that's how close it is. Amla, Faf and AB need to score runs. If they score like their averages suggests then we should be winning this but if they struggle, i can't see De Kock pulling a rescue act. I suspect Mulder might get a Debut at 7.

vcs

If Australia's batsmen carry on their Ashes form, it could get ugly for SA. Vastly different conditions though, obviously.

Spark

Global Moderator
If Australia's batsmen carry on their Ashes form, it could get ugly for SA. Vastly different conditions though, obviously.
Wait, I thought the conventional wisdom was they kind of aren't vastly different?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Literally depends on which ABdV shows up. The "make batting look ridiculously easy for 40 runs and then get out randomly" one or the real one.

Loose Cannon

U19 Debutant
I would have said 3-1 or 2-1 to RSA, but after the India series reminding how they like to trip over their own Kocks at home... I'll go with 2-2, being optimistic on weather.

SeamUp

International Coach
Sir Don Bradman actually rang up Doc Ali Bacher to tell him Jonty's fifty in that famous SCG win was one of the best he had seen. Remember how turgid that pitch was. Think the RR was below 2

That's why I love this stuff. Seeing all the old footage which included his first test 100 in Sri Lanka. Should have seen young Murali