• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
If I had one piece of advice for Warner, it would be not to do it. Will achieve nothing else but piss off half his fans if he enters politics.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Elgar
Markram
Amla
De Villiers
Du Plessis
De Kock
Mulder
Philander
Maharaj
Rabada
Morkel
This could happen.

Still not sure myself where Bavuma and de Bruyn are though and I want to know. Their next run of games may decide their test futures.
Very much see this happening, and would not be unhappy... would be nervous for Mulder. This team would have Gibsons name all over it.

Still think that, provided fit, Bavuma gets back in and we go with the 4 bowlers. The combination may very well depend on conditions, dryer slower conditions Mulder may play. Faster, bouncier, greener conditions may mean we play the extra batsmen instead and trust 4 bowlers are enough. The SS team on inside edge could not quite make up their mind either, nobody quite knows what to do about position 7 in SA team at the moment. Only definite is if Faf or ABdV are still injured then we must go with the 7 batters.

digiosmosis

Cricket Spectator
Australia and South Africa have a funny record, with each struggling to hold any sort of home advantage. On South Africa's last trip Down Under in 2016 a rampant Proteas attack met an Australian side in flux, and it wasn't pretty. After defeat in Perth, the Hobart shellacking was a nadir for Australia at home, and it sparked a round of blood-letting. The home side rebounded to win under lights at Adelaide to start their course correction.

SeamUp

International Coach
Thought this was a possibility.

Andrew Samson
‏Most scores between 20 & 59 in a first-class match:
24 South Africa A v Australians, Benoni 2018
23 Army and Navy v Oxford and Cambridge Universities, Portsmouth 1911
23 Essex v Northamptonshire, Chelmsford 1982
23 Southern Province v North Central Province, Galle 2004

Dendarii

International Debutant
Looking very likely Theunis de Bruyn will be getting his chance.

'I'm ready for the mental battle' - du Plessis - ESPNcricinfo
But consider the source...

Although it's not just her as I have become rather sceptical whenever a captain or coach is quoted as saying something. Not because they've been misquoted, but more because the quote will have probably stemmed from a question that's been asked, such as "Will De Bruyn play?", and the answer is a non-committal one that gives the reasons why he might play. And because that's been said, the story becomes that they're considering picking him, even if that might not actually be the case.

That doesn't mean that it's out of the question that he'll play, just that it's not necessarily as likely as an article like that makes it seem.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking forward to the next instalment of the Wessel-Wessels Trophy getting under way.

Burgey

Think SA 2-1. Our batting still has question marks and unlike the hapless water buffaloes from England, SA has the attack to really exploit it.

morgieb

I'm saying 2-2. We traditionally play well in South Africa and their batting doesn't inspire much confidence.

Neither does ours, tbf. But both sides seem fairly evenly matched.