• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yeah **** off ss, do you even watch cricket any more you dick-eating pile of monkey farts?

(I’ve missed you)
I generally only watch Tests involving India anymnore given my work schedule, and but couldn't resist.

Australianism: When chips are down, there's always cheating.

OK, that was below the belt. It's just sandpaper guys. If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.. Its always fun to see the cricket world get self righteous about the stupidest things.

I'd give a bunch of them a ban for a couple games, laugh it off, and move on.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh my god you've got to be ****ing kidding me.

I didn't think this side could make themselves look any more like a bunch of a*sholes.

Top Cat

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
This is the same excuse that those who use performance enhancing drugs give..."everybody does it...we just got caught." Well too bad, you've been caught here cheating.

I think Smith and Lehman's places as Captain and Coach is under serious jeopardy. Even the Aussie media is sticking it to them right now.

Gnske

Can I just say now how much I admire Faf for doing his own dirty work when it comes to tampering.

Flem274*

123/5
so like i know there's the big eruption over playing by the rules overnight but...
By the way, speaking of 300 wickets, Nathan Lyon is about to get there himself.
top achievement for a bloke i was certain would get unfairly put to pasture for some random hack before he reached 100 or even 200 wickets

Gnske

so like i know there's the big eruption over playing by the rules overnight but...

top achievement for a bloke i was certain would get unfairly put to pasture for some random hack before he reached 100 or even 200 wickets
**** off we want to talk about how much we hate cheating

In seriousness, good on Gaz. Defies belief that it seems guaranteed for him to play 100 tests

GRAB

First Class Debutant
The bizarre things are a) the ball didn't move around much anyway, so was it really worth it? b) Australia weren't so far behind in the game at that point, in any case...

Gnske

The bizarre things are a) the ball didn't move around much anyway, so was it really worth it? b) Australia weren't so far behind in the game at that point, in any case...
On the second point that's probably why they were desperate. Smith and co probably deemed if the situation got any more out of hand the game would be unsalvagable and that conventional means were useless.

The guy loves to throw in the towel doesn't he? Told Starc to bowl down legside to de Villiers, so bereft of ideas he was.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Which is relevant because?...

And even if it is, examples please of captains who've admitted complicity in ball tampering?
Yeah well I guess we can give them credit for admitting it at least. Plenty of others have done it even recently and denied it the whole way.

I'm really clutching at straws here.

Gnske

Yeah well I guess we can give them credit for admitting it at least. Plenty of others have done it even recently and denied it the whole way.

I'm really clutching at straws here.
But that's the truly stupid part of all of this, and the most offensive. You don't admit to it, you deny it til the end. You certainly don't admit out loud that there's a mass conspiracy among the leadership to ball-tamper.

Australians really aren't cut out for this type of thing.

Top Cat

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Think they were trying to copy kids in Pakistan who play "tape ball" cricket to try and get some swing....

Flem274*

123/5
crowe and pringle got away with it completely when they said 'lol yeah we tampered because pakistan are tampering too we stole one of their balls and it was covered in bottle top scratches'

should have tried to bring SA down with them obv:ph34r:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But that's the truly stupid part of all of this, and the most offensive. You don't admit to it, you deny it til the end. You certainly don't admit out loud that there's a mass conspiracy among the leadership to ball-tamper.

Australians really aren't cut out for this type of thing.
Smith as captain was always a bad idea. I mean he looks like a 12 year old boy. We started going down the road of soy boy captains with Clarke but at least he was pretty. Back to the day of hard Aussie captains IMO. Not petulant wonder-kids.