• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Mulder should be in the test side at the expense of Phehlukwayo IMO. At this moment in time Andile is at best a bits and pieces player who's better suited for LO Cricket. Mulder looks like a proper batsmen with an ability to build an innings something I can't say for Phehlukwayo.

Heboric

International Debutant
Yeah that was disappointing, but at least they didnt lose any wickets yet in their second dig.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah that was disappointing, but at least they didnt lose any wickets yet in their second dig.
Don't expect this side to beat an almost full strength Aussie side.... good A side but it's still just that! But it is nice to know that the Aussies are actually getting a competitive match to warm up with. Would be interesting to actually know what the pitch is like because looking at wickets, you would think it had some pace and bounce; but its Benoni late in the season I would have expected a dry spinning pitch.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good thing we had our bowlers to bail us out. SA A must've bowled really badly to let Haze get 28. A shame this is the only warm up, it's nice to face a good strength XI for once.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good thing we had our bowlers to bail us out. SA A must've bowled really badly to let Haze get 28. A shame this is the only warm up, it's nice to face a good strength XI for once.
It was actually clever from our batsmen. They pretty much all got to about 20 or 30 then got out, ensuring they get some valuable time in the middle but not too much to wear themselves out.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah Smith didn't look like he wanted to waste any mental effort on his batting in this match. Just wanted to feel a few in the middle.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Klaasen and mulder included in the test squad. No Andile, Steyn, olivier or morris from the squads that played india.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Klaasen and mulder included in the test squad. No Andile, Steyn, olivier or morris from the squads that played india.
Just saw this...

Faf du Plessis (capt), Hashim Amla, Temba Bavuma, Quinton de Kock, Theunis de Bruyn, AB de Villiers, Dean Elgar, Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, Morne Morkel, Wiaan Mulder, Lungisani Ngidi, Vernon Philander, Kagiso Rabada.

Outside Steyn being fit, pretty much the squad you hope you could see. Glad no Morris or Phehlukwayo.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Just saw this...

Faf du Plessis (capt), Hashim Amla, Temba Bavuma, Quinton de Kock, Theunis de Bruyn, AB de Villiers, Dean Elgar, Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, Morne Morkel, Wiaan Mulder, Lungisani Ngidi, Vernon Philander, Kagiso Rabada.

Outside Steyn being fit, pretty much the squad you hope you could see. Glad no Morris or Phehlukwayo.
Yeah pleased with the squad picked.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Mulder should be in the test side at the expense of Phehlukwayo IMO. At this moment in time Andile is at best a bits and pieces player who's better suited for LO Cricket. Mulder looks like a proper batsmen with an ability to build an innings something I can't say for Phehlukwayo.
Looks like I got my wish.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Mulder ahead of Morris is huge.
Yep. I think it recognition that if we want to solve our 6/7 problem then he needs to be in the squad as the most likely future candidate. Maybe a bit of an earlier a pick than would be ideal but think its the right choice.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Just saw this...

I'm bloody happy with this Mulder selection. Phehlukwayo and Morris aren't good enough for test cricket. The big suprise is Klassen. I guess they've seen enough.