• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Least effective bowler in cricket

Firebreaker

Banned
In my opinion it is Travis Head.He just jogs in and bowls without any hint of spin or turn and usually goes plenty.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Perhaps, but Travis Head is really a batsman who turns his arm over for a few overs here and there. Among contemporary frontline international bowlers who have played regularly for a Test side, Rubel Hossain walks this IMO.

smash84

The Tiger King
Mohammad Sami perhaps. 150 km/h, gun barrel straight. And has an average of 50 to prove it

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Sami, inexplicably, despite bowling at 150 clicks, he usually went back twice as quickly!

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbh, and without wishing to come across as an arrogant tosser any more than is absolutely necessary, I'm going to put myself forward for this one

a massive zebra

International Captain
Ishant Sharma - bowls a great spell once in 15 tests.
Ishant Sharma is nothing special and will probably go down as the worst bowler ever to take 200 Test wickets, but anyone who can average under 40 with the ball in both Tests and ODIs for many years of international cricket is obviously far from the least effective bowler in cricket.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wish they would stop giving Travis Head a bowl so much. They've fed his ego so much that he's actually starting to think he's an all rounder