• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes 2019 England Squad

Gob

International Coach
Warner will have one or 2 decent innings, smith will be good throughout but other than that australia need to find 4 batsmen, at least in 2015 they had rogers. Both marsh' would be bunnies khawaja is lost any othee than australia and bancroft probably wont be in the next squad.
I'd definitely back Khawaja to do well in England. If he can succeed against the SA attack under light in Adeilaide he should do well over there. Shaun Marsh is also a very good batsman now who can do well against good attacks.

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
Suddenly I feel so much more confident about the away Ashes if these are the lineups being offered
The talk is of an Ashes side almost 2 years away, in a time frame where England start to look to the future instead of relying on cook, Broad and Jimmy pulling of some performances. Apart from Jimmy, the other 2 are nowhere near as consistent to last that long.

One can only hope.

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
Was just about to post my team, and i had gone for exact same top 7 as you. Havent seen anyone with the same anywhere else.

Cook
Hameed
Stoneman
Root
Malan
Stokes
Bairstow
Woakes
Broad
Leech
Anderson

12th man
Ali

Also think its time we broke the bank and prized nasser or vaughan away from television and gave them bayliss' job
I certainly hope Stoneman is not the man to be at 3 in 2 seasons time.

I like the idea of Leach being around but I don't see Ali being dropped if he can replicate his form pre Ashes. Hopefully England have a better pace bowling line up than that too.