• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Streak returns

Craig

World Traveller
right here

Zimbabwe A team 1 Trevor Gripper, 2 Mark Vermeulen, 3 Stuart Matsikenyeri, 4 Alester Maregwede (capt), 5 Vusi Sibanda, 6 Elton Chigumbura, 7 Sean Ervine, 8 Heath Streak, 9 Prosper Utseya, 10 Blessing Mahwire, 11 Ray Price.

I'm so glad they have lost talented youngsters like Ervine and Vermeulen.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Very good news for Zimbabwean cricket. Will be interesting to see what happens if any of those players perform well in the tour game, as the ZCU will presumably have no excuse to leave them out of the Test squad.

I wonder what this was about.

"It is not true that punches were thrown and we can categorically say whatever physical confrontation there was did not amount to fisticuffs." :lol:

Craig

World Traveller
Adamc said:
"It is not true that punches were thrown and we can categorically say whatever physical confrontation there was did not amount to fisticuffs." :lol:
Takes board fighting to a whole new level.

Langeveldt

Soutie
All in a days work for the ZANUCU....
The silver lining in all of this could be the emergence of Brendan Taylor and Panyangara.. Lets hope the board can sort their lives out sharpish...

DJ

School Boy/Girl Captain
Brendan Taylor looks as though he's just worked out which way to face when he's on strike. The latest graduate from the Dion Ebrahim School of Batting. Maragwede looks an interesting prospect though. Panyangara too.

Loony BoB

International Captain
If Taylor could pull off the scores he's getting with a better strike rate (ODI's) then he'd be worth keeping, in my opinion. At least he's sticking around for decent lengths, though, because it's not like Zimmy aren't getting bowled out anyway.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Barney Rogers does not have the temperment of Gripper. Gripper is a stack better dispite his lack of talent.

And just a quick question:

Was Vermeulen part of the rebels? I though he was, but on cricinfo it said that there were 4 rebels in the squad (Gripper, Ervine, Price, Streak) but it has Vermeulen listed in there.

And one more quick question:

Why didnt Mahwire play in the ODIs?

Craig

World Traveller
It is a big surprise considering the amount of 18 years olds running around for them...