• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Oversea test watch, how will they do?

How many test series will India win overseas 2018/2019?

Votes: 11 39.3%

Votes: 2 7.1%

Votes: 3 10.7%

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Niall

International Coach
So 3 test series for India outside the SC, 3 tests in South Africa, 5 in England in the summer,and 4 in Australia at the end of the year.

Indian side on paper looks as strong as it has been for a long time and all the nations they touring aren't as formidable as they may have been in the past.

Realistically how many or any series can India win? South Africa of the three nations been toured seem the weakest link, but still formidable at home. England? They don't have the bowlers to win in Australia, but at home they still beat everyone, India will be competitive, but still fancy England to win.

Australia? Got some dud players, but have they regressed enough to lose to India since they toured a few years ago? Doubtful.

Anyone else think that is a unfair outlook for India?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In all seriousness:

NZ: Good chance of a win. Could've easily won last time when India were worse and NZ better.

Eng: Decent chance. Team was way too young last time and the bowling attack has guys whose style suits English conditions. I'm hoping for a drawn series atleast.

Aus: Will be a miracle if we come anywhere close to a series win. Best anyone can hope for is a meme opposition collapse (ala Lord's 2014), but apart from that it'll be a hammering. Australia's attack is way too good and our bowlers will hate the conditions. Batting should be ok, but Australia will pile up 706-d every game.

SA: A few months ago, I'd say this was a huge chance at a win, but since then India's preparation has gone about as badly as possible and SA have Steyn and AB back. I'm not expecting too much. A solitary win is possible.

Last edited:

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Their best chance is in England. Pakistan managed drew theirs 2-2 in 2016.

SA they might actually win one game.

I expect Australia to be formidable by 2018 end

vcs

In decreasing order of our chances:

NZ>>SA>Eng>>>Aus

Only putting our chances in SA above England because we were reasonably competitive there over our last 3 visits, while England have absolutely battered us in 2011 and 2014, and they'll probably look to take out their Ashes frustration on us again. :laugh:

Against Australia, well, if we match our 2014 result there, I'll be thrilled. Just a terrible matchup and the worst possible conditions we could hope for given our bowlers' skill-set.

srbhkshk

International Captain
I'd say the best chance of getting a series win in Australia would be a lollapse by Oz in one of the tests and our batting standing firm enough to draw the remaining tests, winning more than 1 test seems almost impossible.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I think India can get a few draws. Provided they cope okay vs Anderson there is a decent chance of winning in England.

Re the comment that NZ is weaker now than in 2014, I have to disagree. The only downgrade from that side is the loss of McCullum for Nicholls. The openers (Latham and Raval) are much much better than Fulton and Rutherford. Williamson and Taylor have improved and Taylor missed the McCullum 302 test anyway. Watling, Boult and Southee are much the same, while Wagner has improved dramatically. Colin de Grandhomme has world-class allrounder statistics while our spin bowling has improved from having a young Ish Sodhi in the first test in 2014 to having Santner or possibly Astle or 2018 Sodhi.

Slifer

International Captain
Imo india has their best chance in rsa. But i do still see rsa winning by 2-1 assuming all tests end in a result. I give india no chance in England or australia. In England at least 3-1 like last time and in australia at least 2-0 like last time.

Slifer

International Captain
Wait india are also playing in nz? No chance there either. Outside of rsa, England and oz no team has a chance in nz.

Zinzan

Agree with Fuller pitch, NZ's Test team today is stronger than the McCullum-led team of 2014, which beat India at home.

No current SC team would beat NZ in it's own conditions. Hell, even SA, who have always been supremely suited to NZ conditions only won due to rain in 2017, something their own skipper even conceded.

On the question, I'd be massively surprised if India's current set-up won in SA, Aust, NZ or England.

That said, like Australia, India are magnificent in their own conditions.

Zinzan

In all seriousness:

NZ: Good chance of a win. Could've easily won last time when India were worse and NZ better.

That's not serious at all, it's flat-out wrong as several others have stated. Additionally, the only thing that gave India any chance at all in that series is that toss win on that incredibly green day 1 wicket in the 3rd Test (BMac saved with his triple).

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Decent chance in England (about 50% chance of a series win imo), may win a test in Australia but not the series (assuming Starc-Haze-Cummins are fit), and I'm expecting a terrible 0-3 thrashing by SA (most people are expecting a well-fought series in SA, I am not)

Zinzan

An important question is can India be as competitive in Australia as Australia were in India last time around? I think the answer to that question is a fairly obvious NO.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
An important question is can India be as competitive in Australia as Australia were in India last time around? I think the answer to that question is a fairly obvious NO.
don't forget we were fairly competitive last time down under - the team has only improved...I'll expect something like 2-1 in Australia's favor

Zinzan

https://www.cricschedule.com/ftp/team/england.html

https://www.cricschedule.com/ftp/team/india.html

Why is India playing 3 test series against WI? On the other hand, why is England paying only two test series against Pakistan and NZ? This is such bull****!
We should be grateful we're getting a 2- Test series against England and be thankful they haven't decided to swap one of them for 3 meaningless T20s....

WestIndies and Bang still get the odd 3-Test series...clearly NZ is even a poor cousin to them these days :p

Depressing as ****.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Who's getting the 20 Australian wickets? :mellow:
Shami, Bhuvi, Umesh, Ashwin and Hardik will take 14 wickets. Smith will declare with 1 hour to spare on day 4, setting India a target of 375. Kohli and co. will chase with one hour to spare on day 5.