cricket betting betway blog banner small

View Poll Results: How many test series will India win overseas 2018/2019?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll

11 39.29%

2 7.14%

3 10.71%

12 42.86%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Indian Oversea test watch, how will they do?

U19 Debutant
    Ok, I'm gonna disregard INd/NZ because I dunno if thats happening and can't be arsed to google it.

As for SA, they might be more competitive than normal but will likely lose.

They might pick up a win in England but lose the series. I hope to attend days in both the Pak and India series.

In Aus, honestly, no chance. They might pick up their second test win in Australia in 10 years but better Indians sides than this have toured and failed to win more. If its a 4 test series, I expect it to be 4-0 or 3-1 at best for India.

Gob
    Will be another golden summer for Smitteh
    Dead Dove Do Not Eat

Virat-Vaughan-Amla

Cricket Spectator
    I think people are underestimating this Indian side. This is the best Indian touring side I have seen in 30 years of following cricket. I would expect them to be competitive in each of South Africa, England and Australia and my bet - they win one series (England 2-1), draw one (South Africa 1-1) and lose one (Australia 2-1).

U19 Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    If things don't go according to plan and you have guys breaking down

1-2 in South Africa

1-3 in England

0-4 in Australia
    So, even in a worst case scenario India will somehow manage to win a test in South Africa while still being thrashed 4-0 in Australia?

Cricketer Of The Year TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slifer View Post
    ...but last time australia prepared pacy wickets they got dominated by RSA. But i do see your point. If i were an ozzie curator and i was playing any team not named rsa I'd prepare classic waca pitches tbh. Especially against sub continental teams.
    That's exactly correct, the few times recently where we've gone ahead and gotten good fast wickets it's been against SA the one team who would like it just as much as us. Of course they're not doing it on purpose but you could be forgiven for suspecting it.

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    For India to be successful in places like South Africa then I think Hardik Pandya is key to offering India the right balance to field a five-man attack and they can include a spinner within that and have that attacking batsman at six. South Africa would be a real test for Pandya, untested still at this level and in those conditions so it would perhaps be unfair to ask too much too soon, but I am really looking forward to seeing how he goes if gets the chance.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by ma1978 View Post
    I think people are underestimating this Indian side. This is the best Indian touring side I have seen in 30 years of following cricket. I would expect them to be competitive in each of South Africa, England and Australia and my bet - they win one series (England 2-1), draw one (South Africa 1-1) and lose one (Australia 2-1).
    Yeah I agree with this. This is a confident and focused team with a more aggressive captain.

I think this side compares favorably to the Indian side of 2007-2010, which won in England, drew in SA and won a test in Australia. I don't see why they cant reproduce those results, or do even better.

vcs
    If they reproduce the 2007-10 team's away results, it will definitely go down as the best Indian team ever.
    OverratedSanity likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

england getting sold short by a few here. if anderson continues in his current vein then india have next to no chance there.

England dropped a test against the Windies of all teams. Don't think there's any under-estimation.

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by ma1978 View Post
    Are you really serious? I have seen numerous better sides in 30 years than the one currently playing. I saw a side with Tendulkar, Ganguly, Dravid, Khan, Kumble and Singh. That was later supplemented with Dhoni. Those teams were far better all round than the current side. India being competitive in SA and ENgland will likely be because of how weak those sides have come but I won't make any excuses, India will not win in SA but might sneak a test match in England.

As for a fully fit Australia, even on the flatter modern pitches, India will be out scored, time and time again. I cant imagine it being any different from a couple years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    England dropped a test against the Windies of all teams. Don't think there's any under-estimation.
    england drop tests on the regular at home. but with anderson in sub 20 form at home they will take some serious beating.

State Regular
    Personally I think people are overrating this india pace attack. I see no true class bowler in there. Might have more depth then previous teams but that's about it.
    Last edited by Stefan9; 03-01-2018 at 01:05 PM.

U19 Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan9 View Post
    Personally I think people are overeating this india pace attack. I see no true class bowler in there. Might have more depth then previous teams but that's about it.
    No kidding. Pretty much the same as the attack they had the last time they toured South Africa only with Kumar and Bhumrah in place of Zaheer Khan. Oh, and Hardik Pandyia. Really fearsome now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan9 View Post
    Personally I think people are overeating this india pace attack. I see no true class bowler in there. Might have more depth then previous teams but that's about it.
    Hey come on, let's not turn this into another conversation about why the problem with Indian bowlers is their diet
    Shri and vcs like this.
    Want every conversation to be about cricket? Download your copy of The Cricketer's Lexicon now! It's a constantly evolving project, so contribute here!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information