cricket betting betway blog banner small

View Poll Results: How many test series will India win overseas 2018/2019?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll

11 39.29%

2 7.14%

3 10.71%

12 42.86%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Indian Oversea test watch, how will they do?

Cricketer Of The Year TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Ian View Post
    Australia are fools and will serve up pitches to suit India like last time. I can only dream that they would serve up 4 fast bouncy pitches. It's not India ever give Australia anything but what they are **** on. I can see India pulling off a win in Sydney, and securing draws in Melbourne and Perth because Perth wont be fast and bouncy. It will be a perfect for batting and getting 5 days of play in because the new stadium won't risk having a 3 dayer. Adelaide will be our best chance for the win.

Edit: oops. In the poll I am one of the idiots who said India will win 3. I thought it was how many will they lose.

Edit edit: Double Doh. We have given the Indians Adelaide without guaranteeing it to be a day nighter. Bet you it is a day game which means India have a chance there too.

(don't mind me - India piss me off because they have such big heads on the back of 9 series wins on the trot - the 3 away ones being sri lanka, bangladesh and windies. I just want to see their heads roll like they should have last time before the unfortunate incident made bouncers out of vogue for a season.)
    This has been happening since I've been following cricket. It's constantly frustrating because Aus will go to everywhere else and get doctored pitches but we just don't return the favour, lately we seem to be doing everything in our power to nullify our strengths by limiting the bounce and pace of our wickets.

ftr India actually wasn't that bad last time, Sri Lanka & Bangladesh were much worse. The only pitch that India really "doctored" that series was the 1st one, and we all saw how that worked out.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Isn't it more to do with CA obsessing over wickets that must last 5 days rather than anything else
    Don't go chasing waterfalls

State Regular
    Best chance will be in england but depends whether stokes is still having legal issues. The swinging tracks will suit their bowlers way more then SA & Aus.

In SA depends whether Faf gets the pitches he is demanding. If it's quick and fast India's bowling won't be good enough.

Aus the same as SA fast and bouncy wickets and India's bowlers won't be able to take 20 wickets.

Cricketer Of The Year TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GotSpin View Post
    Isn't it more to do with CA obsessing over wickets that must last 5 days rather than anything else
    Yes no one's saying that CA are deliberately preparing pitches to nullify Australia's strengths, it's just working out that way

Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    This has been happening since I've been following cricket. It's constantly frustrating because Aus will go to everywhere else and get doctored pitches but we just don't return the favour, lately we seem to be doing everything in our power to nullify our strengths by limiting the bounce and pace of our wickets.

ftr India actually wasn't that bad last time, Sri Lanka & Bangladesh were much worse. The only pitch that India really "doctored" that series was the 1st one, and we all saw how that worked out.
    ...but last time australia prepared pacy wickets they got dominated by RSA. But i do see your point. If i were an ozzie curator and i was playing any team not named rsa I'd prepare classic waca pitches tbh. Especially against sub continental teams.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Ian View Post
    Australia are fools and will serve up pitches to suit India like last time. I can only dream that they would serve up 4 fast bouncy pitches. It's not India ever give Australia anything but what they are **** on. I can see India pulling off a win in Sydney, and securing draws in Melbourne and Perth because Perth wont be fast and bouncy. It will be a perfect for batting and getting 5 days of play in because the new stadium won't risk having a 3 dayer. Adelaide will be our best chance for the win.

Edit: oops. In the poll I am one of the idiots who said India will win 3. I thought it was how many will they lose.

Edit edit: Double Doh. We have given the Indians Adelaide without guaranteeing it to be a day nighter. Bet you it is a day game which means India have a chance there too.

(don't mind me - India piss me off because they have such big heads on the back of 9 series wins on the trot - the 3 away ones being sri lanka, bangladesh and windies. I just want to see their heads roll like they should have last time before the unfortunate incident made bouncers out of vogue for a season.)
    Haha, Dharamshala was kinda close to an aussie track and we won. Plan might backfire easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    "Still waiting for bole trekking Marayyye". Keep Kumar up in the third umpires box please,its hilarious. Him almost screwing up a DRS referral a definite highlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Haha, Dharamshala was kinda close to an aussie track and we won. Plan might backfire easily.
    It wasn't a typical Indian wicket, but it was still way more 'Indian' than 'Australian'
    oblongballs likes this.

Gob
    Dharmashala turned like **** towards the end
    Dead Dove Do Not Eat

Virat-Vaughan-Amla

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    It wasn't a typical Indian wicket, but it was still way more 'Indian' than 'Australian'
    Carried through at good pace and deteriorated rapidly towards the end. When the game began and before it started turning, 0it was pretty close to a normal aus track from the mid 2000s.
    OverratedSanity likes this.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Slifer View Post
    ...but last time australia prepared pacy wickets they got dominated by RSA. But i do see your point. If i were an ozzie curator and i was playing any team not named rsa I'd prepare classic waca pitches tbh. Especially against sub continental teams.
    The Hobart conditions were more similar to something like Edgbaston, I'd say, with the rain etc., and we know Aussies struggle with those. I would put that loss down to inability to play the moving ball, more than anything else.

Perth was quite hard to explain, Australia really should have put up 500+ against a 3-man attack after bowling RSA out for a well-below par total. SA seem to have some sort of hex on them at that venue that is hard to attribute to the conditions alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Cricket Web Staff Member Black_Warrior's Avatar
    2018 is going to be such an exciting year for Test cricket but also said that in 2016. **** it I'm always excited about Test Cricket.

Don't remember the last time I have been this excited about an Indian test side. I am not sure if they are playing in New Zealand to be in 2018 though. The FTP shows South Africa, England and Australia and there was no mention of New Zealand in all the pre season talk involving Shastri, Kohli or in the media.

That being said, if they do tour New Zealand, and if like Pakistan it's in November before the Australia series, then I will say New Zealand are favourites. If it's a short 2 test tour squeezed before the Australian series with zero warm ups and the team arrives a week before, it will be very difficult to beat them,

Yes India came close in 2014 but that was in February when the weather is different.

Regarding the remaining 3 - England, Australia and South Africa

India's best chance is in England. Among all the test sides today barring maybe West Indies and Sri Lanka, England is probably where most touring sides do their best relatively, which basically means England is not as strong as home as Australia is in Australia or India is in India.

2014 - Sri Lanka won there, India won the first test and yes they fell apart later but that is still a better showing than SC teams achieve in Australia or South Africa
    2015 - New Zealand drew, and Australia even with their lolapse 60 all out managed to win 2 test matches out of 5.
    2016 - Pakistan drew 2-2

Important thing to consider will be the fitness of Shami, Yadav and Bhuvi post the South African series and post an extremely long IPL season.

India have always had bowlers breaking down around that time of the year if you think about 2011 and 2014.

If the first choice pace attack remains fit, and Bhuvi is bowling as well as he does, India have a real chance in England. England's bowling is still heavily reliant on Anderson and Broad to do the heavy lifting and Pujara, Vijay, Rahul, Kohli, Rahane are all better Test batsmen than they were in 2014.

Fitness is the key here and India has the likes of Shami and Bhuvi breaking down to be replaced by the Binnys and Pankaj Kapoors, then forget about it.

Next best is South Africa.

I would put my money on South Africa to win the 1st test. Visiting teams rarely win the first test especially SC teams playing in South Africa or Australia. The 1st test is usually a hiding due to lack of preparation and familiarity with the conditions.
    India is good enough to win at least 1 test match on this series. This is side is at it's peak now, no injuries and everyone should be at their prime fitness level. India should come back hard to win the 2nd test and I would expect both sides to be cautious in the third test, thus ending in a draw.

That being said, Kohli is all about 'aggression and losing to win' so who knows, he might not take the cautious approach.

The would leave Australia to be the toughest and the one with least chances. It is at the end of the season and not sure how many of these bowlers will still be fit and standing by the end of the year. Also, if South Africa and England don't go very well for India, that will also hamper the confidence and make up of the side and you might see a few different faces.

India's batting should do well on the flat decks like last time but you need an exceptional pace attack to win in Australia. England and India have decent attacks and that's not good enough on flat decks against them where you have the likes of Mitch Marsh blasting 150s.

Expect Dhawan, Pujara, Kohli and Rahane to shine. But beyond individual brilliance, don't see India winning a test match. If the batting holds up, we will see a few high scoring draws as the Australian attack is not exceptional either and it won't be easy to take 20 wickets in all 4 games.

My final thoughts

Best case if everything goes well for India

1-1 in South Africa

2-1 in England

0-2 in Australia

If things don't go according to plan and you have guys breaking down

1-2 in South Africa

1-3 in England

0-4 in Australia
    Cricket's moral worldview:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    What's a typical Indian wicket like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gob View Post
    Dharmashala turned like **** towards the end
    You mean like this?

Most of the vicious turn was from cracks, not because the wicket deteriorated

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    An important question is can India be as competitive in Australia as Australia were in India last time around? I think the answer to that question is a fairly obvious NO.
    Depends on the tracks, Aus wouln't win on Ranchi like tracks, even with their imaginary once in a gen 4 man pace attack. Pune, Bangalore & Dharamshala gave them the best chance of a series win.
    For well over a decade Aus scored 400+ multiple times & we outbatted them every time, barring Bangalore 2008, even when chasing on a 5th day.
    Last edited by R!TTER; 02-01-2018 at 08:31 AM.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    I'd agree with England being our best shot, but the fact that it's a longer tour works against us imo. Then again if WI can win a test there surely we can win 2?

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Dharamshala had loads of pace and bounce... just because it also offered some turn doesn't mean it was anywhere near a typical Indian pitch. I don't think you can hope for a more Australian pitch in the subcontinent.
    Shri likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Wow baby, that gave me an orgasmic pleasure!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaagarkarajaaja View Post
    All Prasie to Ajit Bhalchandra Agarkar, the pride of Mumbai, the terminator at Adelaide.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoL View Post
    I've joined this forum, just so that i can agree with OverratedSanity...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information