• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Oversea test watch, how will they do?

How many test series will India win overseas 2018/2019?

Votes: 11 39.3%

Votes: 2 7.1%

Votes: 3 10.7%

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
don't forget we were fairly competitive last time down under - the team has only improved...I'll expect something like 2-1 in Australia's favor
I think that's highly debatable. The only game that was a close contest at all was Adelaide and that's because Australia declared generously twice.

Shami, Bhuvi, Umesh, Ashwin and Hardik will take 14 wickets. Smith will declare with 1 hour to spare on day 4, setting India a target of 375. Kohli and co. will chase with one hour to spare on day 5.
I don't think Smith will be as generous with declarations as Clarke was, he seems to be developing into a more conservative and sensible captain

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I think that's highly debatable. The only game that was a close contest at all was Adelaide and that's because Australia declared generously twice.
All I am saying is India may win one out of 4 test matches. I'm not saying India will win the series or anything. It seems feasible because last time we came very close to winning one.

TheJediBrah

All I am saying is India may win one out of 4 test matches. I'm not saying India will win the series or anything. It seems feasible because last time we came very close to winning one.
I wouldn't put it past them at all. It will depend heavily on the types of pitches served up and India are a real wild card. They haven't played overseas (WI and Asia don't count) in like 2 years and no one knows how they will go.

Slifer

International Captain
What i find most fascinating is indias schedule for December 2019. 2 tests uae vs pakistan

Shri

Mr. Glass
I don't think Smith will be as generous with declarations as Clarke was, he seems to be developing into a more conservative and sensible captain
Well Clarke won that test. Smith might let us get away with draws if he gets defensive.

TheJediBrah

Well Clarke won that test. Smith might let us get away with draws if he gets defensive.
That's a very good point, but it could so easily have gone the other way. And it would have looked pretty silly if India went 1-0 up in the series despite being outplayed.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Australia are fools and will serve up pitches to suit India like last time. I can only dream that they would serve up 4 fast bouncy pitches. It's not India ever give Australia anything but what they are **** on. I can see India pulling off a win in Sydney, and securing draws in Melbourne and Perth because Perth wont be fast and bouncy. It will be a perfect for batting and getting 5 days of play in because the new stadium won't risk having a 3 dayer. Adelaide will be our best chance for the win.

Edit: oops. In the poll I am one of the idiots who said India will win 3. I thought it was how many will they lose.

Edit edit: Double Doh. We have given the Indians Adelaide without guaranteeing it to be a day nighter. Bet you it is a day game which means India have a chance there too.

(don't mind me - India piss me off because they have such big heads on the back of 9 series wins on the trot - the 3 away ones being sri lanka, bangladesh and windies. I just want to see their heads roll like they should have last time before the unfortunate incident made bouncers out of vogue for a season.)

Last edited:

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Australia are fools and will serve up pitches to suit India like last time. I can only dream that they would serve up 4 fast bouncy pitches. It's not India ever give Australia anything but what they are **** on. I can see India pulling off a win in Sydney, and securing draws in Melbourne and Perth because Perth wont be fast and bouncy. It will be a perfect for batting and getting 5 days of play in because the new stadium won't risk having a 3 dayer. Adelaide will be our best chance for the win.

Edit: oops. In the poll I am one of the idiots who said India will win 3. I thought it was how many will they lose.

Edit edit: Double Doh. We have given the Indians Adelaide without guaranteeing it to be a day nighter. Bet you it is a day game which means India have a chance there too.

(don't mind me - India piss me off because they have such big heads on the back of 9 series wins on the trot - the 3 away ones being sri lanka, bangladesh and windies. I just want to see their heads roll like they should have last time before the unfortunate incident made bouncers out of vogue for a season.)
India didn't win in Bangladesh, that match and series was drawn. Only away wins were in Lanka and the Windies.

TheJediBrah

This has been happening since I've been following cricket. It's constantly frustrating because Aus will go to everywhere else and get doctored pitches but we just don't return the favour, lately we seem to be doing everything in our power to nullify our strengths by limiting the bounce and pace of our wickets.

ftr India actually wasn't that bad last time, Sri Lanka & Bangladesh were much worse. The only pitch that India really "doctored" that series was the 1st one, and we all saw how that worked out.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Isn't it more to do with CA obsessing over wickets that must last 5 days rather than anything else

Stefan9

International Debutant
Best chance will be in england but depends whether stokes is still having legal issues. The swinging tracks will suit their bowlers way more then SA & Aus.

In SA depends whether Faf gets the pitches he is demanding. If it's quick and fast India's bowling won't be good enough.

Aus the same as SA fast and bouncy wickets and India's bowlers won't be able to take 20 wickets.

TheJediBrah

Isn't it more to do with CA obsessing over wickets that must last 5 days rather than anything else
Yes no one's saying that CA are deliberately preparing pitches to nullify Australia's strengths, it's just working out that way

Slifer

International Captain
This has been happening since I've been following cricket. It's constantly frustrating because Aus will go to everywhere else and get doctored pitches but we just don't return the favour, lately we seem to be doing everything in our power to nullify our strengths by limiting the bounce and pace of our wickets.

ftr India actually wasn't that bad last time, Sri Lanka & Bangladesh were much worse. The only pitch that India really "doctored" that series was the 1st one, and we all saw how that worked out.
...but last time australia prepared pacy wickets they got dominated by RSA. But i do see your point. If i were an ozzie curator and i was playing any team not named rsa I'd prepare classic waca pitches tbh. Especially against sub continental teams.

Shri

Mr. Glass

Haha, Dharamshala was kinda close to an aussie track and we won. Plan might backfire easily.

Shri

Mr. Glass
It wasn't a typical Indian wicket, but it was still way more 'Indian' than 'Australian'
Carried through at good pace and deteriorated rapidly towards the end. When the game began and before it started turning, 0it was pretty close to a normal aus track from the mid 2000s.

vcs

...but last time australia prepared pacy wickets they got dominated by RSA. But i do see your point. If i were an ozzie curator and i was playing any team not named rsa I'd prepare classic waca pitches tbh. Especially against sub continental teams.
The Hobart conditions were more similar to something like Edgbaston, I'd say, with the rain etc., and we know Aussies struggle with those. I would put that loss down to inability to play the moving ball, more than anything else.

Perth was quite hard to explain, Australia really should have put up 500+ against a 3-man attack after bowling RSA out for a well-below par total. SA seem to have some sort of hex on them at that venue that is hard to attribute to the conditions alone.