cricket betting betway blog banner small

View Poll Results: How many test series will India win overseas 2018/2019?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll

11 39.29%

2 7.14%

3 10.71%

12 42.86%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Indian Oversea test watch, how will they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    An important question is can India be as competitive in Australia as Australia were in India last time around? I think the answer to that question is a fairly obvious NO.
    don't forget we were fairly competitive last time down under - the team has only improved...I'll expect something like 2-1 in Australia's favor
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James

U19 Cricketer
    https://www.cricschedule.com/ftp/team/england.html

https://www.cricschedule.com/ftp/team/india.html

Why is India playing 3 test series against WI? On the other hand, why is England paying only two test series against Pakistan and NZ? This is such bullshit!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    don't forget we were fairly competitive last time down under - the team has only improved...I'll expect something like 2-1 in Australia's favor
    Who's getting the 20 Australian wickets?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrish View Post
    https://www.cricschedule.com/ftp/team/england.html

https://www.cricschedule.com/ftp/team/india.html

Why is India playing 3 test series against WI? On the other hand, why is England paying only two test series against Pakistan and NZ? This is such bullshit!
    We should be grateful we're getting a 2- Test series against England and be thankful they haven't decided to swap one of them for 3 meaningless T20s....

WestIndies and Bang still get the odd 3-Test series...clearly NZ is even a poor cousin to them these days

Depressing as ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    Who's getting the 20 Australian wickets?
    Shami, Bhuvi, Umesh, Ashwin and Hardik will take 14 wickets. Smith will declare with 1 hour to spare on day 4, setting India a target of 375. Kohli and co. will chase with one hour to spare on day 5.

Cricketer Of The Year TheJediBrah's Avatar
    I think that's highly debatable. The only game that was a close contest at all was Adelaide and that's because Australia declared generously twice.

Shami, Bhuvi, Umesh, Ashwin and Hardik will take 14 wickets. Smith will declare with 1 hour to spare on day 4, setting India a target of 375. Kohli and co. will chase with one hour to spare on day 5.
    I don't think Smith will be as generous with declarations as Clarke was, he seems to be developing into a more conservative and sensible captain
    Last edited by TheJediBrah; 01-01-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    I think that's highly debatable. The only game that was a close contest at all was Adelaide and that's because Australia declared generously twice.
    All I am saying is India may win one out of 4 test matches. I'm not saying India will win the series or anything. It seems feasible because last time we came very close to winning one.

All I am saying is India may win one out of 4 test matches. I'm not saying India will win the series or anything. It seems feasible because last time we came very close to winning one.
    I wouldn't put it past them at all. It will depend heavily on the types of pitches served up and India are a real wild card. They haven't played overseas (WI and Asia don't count) in like 2 years and no one knows how they will go.

What i find most fascinating is indias schedule for December 2019. 2 tests uae vs pakistan
    zorax likes this.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Which series will Kohli decide not to turn up to?
    Don't go chasing waterfalls

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    The one where he mouths off like an idiot and puts himself under pressure.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    "Still waiting for bole trekking Marayyye". Keep Kumar up in the third umpires box please,its hilarious. Him almost screwing up a DRS referral a definite highlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    I don't think Smith will be as generous with declarations as Clarke was, he seems to be developing into a more conservative and sensible captain
    Well Clarke won that test. Smith might let us get away with draws if he gets defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Well Clarke won that test. Smith might let us get away with draws if he gets defensive.
    That's a very good point, but it could so easily have gone the other way. And it would have looked pretty silly if India went 1-0 up in the series despite being outplayed.

International Debutant Victor Ian's Avatar
    Australia are fools and will serve up pitches to suit India like last time. I can only dream that they would serve up 4 fast bouncy pitches. It's not India ever give Australia anything but what they are **** on. I can see India pulling off a win in Sydney, and securing draws in Melbourne and Perth because Perth wont be fast and bouncy. It will be a perfect for batting and getting 5 days of play in because the new stadium won't risk having a 3 dayer. Adelaide will be our best chance for the win.

Edit: oops. In the poll I am one of the idiots who said India will win 3. I thought it was how many will they lose.

Edit edit: Double Doh. We have given the Indians Adelaide without guaranteeing it to be a day nighter. Bet you it is a day game which means India have a chance there too.

(don't mind me - India piss me off because they have such big heads on the back of 9 series wins on the trot - the 3 away ones being sri lanka, bangladesh and windies. I just want to see their heads roll like they should have last time before the unfortunate incident made bouncers out of vogue for a season.)
    Last edited by Victor Ian; 02-01-2018 at 02:53 AM.
    zorax likes this.

U19 Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Ian View Post
    Australia are fools and will serve up pitches to suit India like last time. I can only dream that they would serve up 4 fast bouncy pitches. It's not India ever give Australia anything but what they are **** on. I can see India pulling off a win in Sydney, and securing draws in Melbourne and Perth because Perth wont be fast and bouncy. It will be a perfect for batting and getting 5 days of play in because the new stadium won't risk having a 3 dayer. Adelaide will be our best chance for the win.

Edit: oops. In the poll I am one of the idiots who said India will win 3. I thought it was how many will they lose.

Edit edit: Double Doh. We have given the Indians Adelaide without guaranteeing it to be a day nighter. Bet you it is a day game which means India have a chance there too.

(don't mind me - India piss me off because they have such big heads on the back of 9 series wins on the trot - the 3 away ones being sri lanka, bangladesh and windies. I just want to see their heads roll like they should have last time before the unfortunate incident made bouncers out of vogue for a season.)
    India didn't win in Bangladesh, that match and series was drawn. Only away wins were in Lanka and the Windies.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information