• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Whinge about a pitch thread

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Wow, someone from the ICC put their hands in their pants and actually found their testicles.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's about time the Australian cricketing public is honest about how pish their pitches are.

Chrish

International Debutant
Reckon only reason we saw sporting tracks in their series vs SA was due to public backlash in previous series.

They have reverted back to same rubbish again.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon only reason we saw sporting tracks in their series vs SA was due to public backlash in previous series.

They have reverted back to same rubbish again.
It was only really MCG wasn't it though? The rest of the pitches were ok. Perth a bit flatter than you'd like. Brisbane not as quick and bouncy. Sydney didn't break up as much as you'd like (all out for 180 in 3rd innings though).

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
It was only really MCG wasn't it though? The rest of the pitches were ok. Perth a bit flatter than you'd like. Brisbane not as quick and bouncy. Sydney didn't break up as much as you'd like (all out for 180 in 3rd innings though).
They produced results but not exciting and interesting cricket. We want to see some proper bounce and carry.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FTR, the last time they played on a decent Test wicket in Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKbRAZHFaKU
Oh that was an amazing match. Don't think the ball's swung like that in Australia since, expect for a bit at Adelaide. Perhaps I should start a 'complain about Kookaburra balls' thread. Also Starc and Boult's bowling actions have really changed since then haven't they?

Also notice that wonderful full length, not the short of a length stuff that usually dominates here.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Even the balls they provide for club level are kinda ****. Don't get how they're the premier brand. Surely there are better balls manufacturers out there? Haven't used Dukes or SG, but they can't be worse.

Starfighter

They're awful. Nearly no seam and swing for only ten overs at most in our club matches and the test balls only seem to swing for about five overs. I know we have hard dry pitches but surely they can manage better than that. They go soft very quickly so that even if you get a nice shine* and some movement the carry is gone.

The Duke has a bigger seam with noticeably thicker thread and seems to stay harder for longer, and has less lacquer. The real kicker is that Kookaburras are more expensive than the Duke equivalents.

*may or may not involve liberal use of lip balm

cnerd123

likes this
Man I am so relieved I'm not the only one who thinks Kookaburra's balls are ****.

The ones we get often come out of the box with the seam stitching coming undone in parts as well. It's ridiculous. And they're so expensive too. Such a ripoff.

Starfighter

Man I am so relieved I'm not the only one who thinks Kookaburra's balls are ****.
I like to express my opinion on them as often as possible. A tad surprised you hadn't noticed (but no-one really seams to notice my posts). Like you I really don't get how they're considered the premier brand. The international bowlers certainly don't seem to have too many kind words about them, and all the talk over the past couple of years has been about how the seams seem even flatter than usual, and how quickly they go soft.

The ones we get often come out of the box with the seam stitching coming undone in parts as well. It's ridiculous. And they're so expensive too. Such a ripoff.
Do you get reject balls for your club matches? We do sometimes (stamped with an 'x' at the end of one of the quarter seams) but I play bottom grade and beggars can't be choosers. It's always fun when you get one where one corner of a quarter is slightly lifted - they never swing a millimetre. Our lot this year are even more heavily lacquered than usual and peel after about eight overs, revealing a soapy, impossible to grip or shine surface.

cnerd123

likes this
I like to express my opinion on them as often as possible. A tad surprised you hadn't noticed (but no-one really seams to notice my posts). Like you I really don't get how they're considered the premier brand. The international bowlers certainly don't seem to have too many kind words about them, and all the talk over the past couple of years has been about how the seams seem even flatter than usual, and how quickly they go soft.

Do you get reject balls for your club matches? We do sometimes (stamped with an 'x' at the end of one of the quarter seams) but I play bottom grade and beggars can't be choosers. It's always fun when you get one where one corner of a quarter is slightly lifted - they never swing a millimetre. Our lot this year are even more heavily lacquered than usual and peel after about eight overs, revealing a soapy, impossible to grip or shine surface.
Nah ours are supposed to be near the top quality, brand new ones made just for HK club cricket. Pretty sure they're giving us rejected ones anyways. Don't get how you can pay so much for such mediocre balls.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah ours are supposed to be near the top quality, brand new ones made just for HK club cricket. Pretty sure they're giving us rejected ones anyways. Don't get how you can pay so much for such mediocre balls.
Yeah they don't sound like top quality ones