• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Babushka draft

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
This basic aim of this draft is to pick the best Test match team, however, each player you select must have played for a shorter amount of time at Test level (in years, months & days) than the player you selected previously.

So, for example, you might select Wilfred Rhodes in Round 1. Rhodes would give you a spectrum of 30 years, 9 months & 12 days. From then you might select someone like Sachin in round 2, who played for 24 years, 0 months & 3 days. And so your round 3 pick must have played for a shorter time period than Sachin, and so on, until the 11th & final round.

- No Bradman.

- A player's full career shall measured from day one of their Test debut, until the final day of their final Test match.

- Retired cricketers available only.

- 8 hours between picks.

- RNG'd draft orders for the first ten rounds, the 11th round will operate on a free-for-all basis.

Who's in?

Last edited:

Teuton

International Captain
I like the idea, wondering if I have enough time for the research. Is there an easy way to find out the career spans of players? (Not looking at individual player pages one at a time)

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Alrighty then. Seven entrants thus far. I'll leave the draft open for another hour or so before throwing up the order for round 1.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
What with NYE on tomorrow, I think a 12-hour time limit for round 1 is fair. Following this we'll settle into an 8 hour time limit, from R2 on.

R1 is now live.

AndrewB
SillyCowCorner1
Teuton
mr_mister
ankitj
watson
Himannv
jimmy101

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok then, well I guess that'd mean Teuton is now up. SCC1 of course can make his first selection when he likes.

AndrewB - Garry Sobers
SillyCowCorner1
Teuton
mr_mister
ankitj
watson
Himannv
jimmy101
Shri
kingkallis