• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI Modern Country Draft (2000s)

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Pretty straightforward draft.

1)You have to pick a minimum of one cricketer from EACH of these sides. Any player belonging to a country of this category must have played AT LEAST 30 ODIs overall and AT LEAST 1 ODI in the 2000s

Australia
England
South Africa
New Zealand
India
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
West Indies

2)A minimum of one cricketer from ONE OF these teams.Any player belonging to a country of this category must have played AT LEAST 10 ODIs overall and AT LEAST 1 ODI in the 2000s

Bangladesh
Zimbabwe
Ireland
Afghanistan
Any other associate team to have played ODIs.

3) You can pick a MAXIMUM of 2 players from one country.

4) In the case of players having played for multiple teams, the manager is given the DISCRETION to allocate the player to whichever the team they want to,provided the criteria are met.

I guess the rules are clear.Ideally looking at 10 participants.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
SAMPLE TEAM

Chris Gayle (WI)
Brendan McCullum (NZ)
Sachin Tendulkar (IND)
Ricky Ponting (AUS)
A.B. De Villiers (SA)
Shakib Al Hasan (OTHER)
Andrew Flintoff (ENG)
Wasim Akram (PAK)
Muttiah Muralitharan (SL)
Glenn McGrath (AUS) (2)
Waqar Younis (PAK) (2)

(2) signifying that these are the second picks from the relevant countries

Last edited:

Teuton

International Captain
One draft just finished, another close to it, seems a good time to start a new one.
Count me in.

Teuton

International Captain
Any reason you didn't just make it max 1 per team so we had a few different players getting picked and get some more points of difference between the teams?

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Any reason you didn't just make it max 1 per team so we had a few different players getting picked and get some more points of difference between the teams?
An alternative way would have been to include one compulsory player from
Zimbabwe
Bangladesh
One from Afghanistan/Ireland (Associate).

But wouldn't it dilute the comp somewhat? Say we have 10 teams.Do we get 10 ODI players from BAN & Associates to fill in to ODI sides?

My assumption is at the start of 2000s B'desh just go their test status, and were comparatively a modest team till 2008/9.
Zimbabwe on the other hand had its decline starting from around 2005ish or so.
Anyway suggestions are open.Felt that only 8-10 ODI players( depending on the no.of participants) is a bit of an injustice for a country like AUS,where you had lots of good, dominant players

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree with teuton. Points of difference between the teams is what we need more of in drafts. Otherwise we just get 7-8 teams that are really hard to split and the winner is just a coin toss

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
In.

Should be good fun but it's a bit harsh that Bangladesh are lumped in with Afg and Ireland?
Fair point but can we come up with 9 decent cricketers from Ban.

Maybe 6-7 players.I don't want to name them.But there aren't a lot.

Plenty of good ODI cricketers are there from other teams.

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
OK so we have these members,

Himannv
mr_mister
kingkallis
weldone
Teuton
Sillycowcorner1
AnkitJ
Randycricfreak

So altogether we have 8.
As Teuton requested can we allow 24 players in total from B'desh,Zimbos, and Associates?
And be left with only 8 Australians.
If anyone agrees, just comment a YAY here.

If you are fine with original draft post a NAY here.

For me it's a NAY.
24 players from ZIM/BAN/Associates it's a bit diluted for my liking.And esp a Team like AUS deserves around 12 or so players in post 2000s draft.

Anyway you have to pick a minimum of 8 from Bangladesh/ZIM/Associates in the draft entirely.

So just go with a Yay/Nay based on above criteria.
I'm in too but I don't understand the new rules. 8 players have to be picked from the assoc nations? Isn't that just the same as at least 1 from those nations as previously stated?

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Original Rules are fine -HimannV,weldone,Randycricfreak

Teuton's request of maximum 1 player from a country - Teuton,mr_mister

Expecting kingkallis,ankitJ,SCC1,oblong balls to voted.

We have 9 teams already.I'll extend the deadline till 30th midnight IST.

Thanks.