• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI Modern Country Draft (2000s)

Himannv

International Coach
I was surprised when you picked Sharma ahead of Sangakkara and Jayasuriya knowing how thin your nation's resources are.
With Kohli, Tendulkar and Dhoni gone, I felt I needed some awesome ODI batsman from the remaining Indian pool. It was a toss up between Rohit and one other player really and I rate Rohit a bit more after his recent blitz against us.

Not fussed about Sri Lankan depth tbh, almost all members of our ATG ODI team have played in the 2000s to some extent or the other. I just wanted Sanath because he's Sanath.

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
Oops, I havent been online for a bit. How long is the time limit for a pick?

Anyway, if I am allowed, I'd like to pick Ryan Ten Doeschate (get my assoc pick out of the way quickly)

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Round 1

Himannv - Shakib Al Hasan (OTHER)
Sillycowcorner1 Chris Gayle (WI)
weldone Brian Lara (WI)
Teuton Curtly Ambrose (WI)
oblongballs Waqar Younis (PAK)
randycricfreak AB De Villiers (SA)
kingkallis Wasim Akram (PAK)
mr_mister Courtney Walsh (WI)

Round 2

mr_mister Heath Streak (OTHER)
Kingkallis Andy Flower (OTHER)
randycricfreak Virat Kohli (IND)
oblongballs- Ryan Ten Doeschete (OTHER)
Teuton Sachin Tendulkar (IND)
weldone MS Dhoni (IND)
Sillycowcorner1- Glenn McGrath (AUS)
Himmanv Rohit Sharma (IND)

Round 3

Teuton Kumar Sangakkara (SL)
weldone Shaun Pollock (SA)
mr_mister Adam Gilchrist (AUS)
Himannv Saqlain Mushtaq (PAK)
kingkallis Sanath Jayasuriya (SL)
randycricfreak Ricky Ponting (AUS)
Sillycowcorner1 Inzamam Ul Haq (PAK)
Oblongballs - Muttiah Muralitharan (SL)

Round 4

Oblongballs Hashim Amla (SA)
Sillycowcorner1
randycricfreak
kingkallis
Himannv
mr_mister
weldone
Teuton

Last edited:

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
ok my turn....so....Muttiah Muralitharan. No idea how the greatest ODI spinner hasn't been picked yet.

Looking like:

1. Amla SA
4. Ryan Ten Doeschate NL
9. Murali SL
11. Waqar Younis PAK

Edit: Just realised I'm first up, so my round 4 pick is Hashim Amla, versatile enough to be an opener or drop down to 3/4.

Last edited:

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
ok my turn....so....Muttiah Muralitharan. No idea how the greatest ODI spinner hasn't been picked yet.

Looking like:

1. Amla SA
4. Ryan Ten Doeschate NL
9. Murali SL
11. Waqar Younis PAK

Edit: Just realised I'm first up, so my round 4 pick is Hashim Amla, versatile enough to be an opener or drop down to 3/4.
duh, my pick Murali :mellow:

kingkallis

International Coach
CricZo XI

1. Sanath Jayasuriya / o (SL)
4. Andy Flower / + (OTHER)
8. Wasim Akram o / (PAK)
11. Allan Donald o (SA)