• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI Modern Country Draft (2000s)

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nuwan Kulasekara (SL) - Round 9
Paul Stirling (OTHER) - Round 10

1. Chris Gayle (WI)
2. Paul Stirling (OTHER)
3. Marcus Trescothick (ENG)
4. Inzamam-ul-Haq (PAK)
5. Mark Boucher + (SA)
7. Daniel Vettori (NZ)
8. Mashrafe Mortaza (OTHER)
9. Nuwan Kulasekara (SL)
10. Zaheer Khan (IND)
11. Glenn McGrath (AUS)

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nathan Astle

Gilchrist +
Ganguly 6 *
Astle 5
Bevan 7
Jayawardene
Rhodes
~
Streak 3
Swann 4
Shoaib 2
Walsh 1

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
Since he cant pick anyone from Windies, I will take Sunil Narine

CricZo XI

1. Sanath Jayasuriya / o (SL)
2. Mark Waugh / (AUS)
3. Jacques Kallis / o (SA)
4. Andy Flower / + (OTHER)
5. Yuvraj Singh / o (IND)
6. Paul Collingwood / o (ENG)
7. Andrew Symonds / o (AUS)
8. Chris Cairns / o (NZ)
9. Wasim Akram o / (PAK)
10. Sunil Narine o (WI)
11. Allan Donald o (SA)

This team bats deeeeeeeeep and has unbelievable bowling options to chose from.

- Jayasuriya and Waugh can go off to a flier as they did in nearly 500 ODIs out of 689 they played
- Jacques Kallis, Andy Flower and Paul Collingwood holds the innings whilst power hitters around them helps the team cross 300 regularly
- Yuvraj, Symonds, Cairns, Wasim can easily score at high SRs which will lift the total from 153/2 after 30 overs to 335/7 at the end of the innings.

- Wasim Akram and Chris Cairns will open the bowling ( 20 overs )
- Allan Donald will be the first change bowler as he prefers in ODIs ( 10 overs )
- Sunil Narine will be the main spinner ( 10 overs )
- Jacques Kallis & Paul Collingwood will be other medium pacers whilst Jayasuriya, Symonds, Yuvraj will play their roles on slow, spin friendly tracks ( 10 overs )

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Abdul Razzaq

Adam Gilchrist +
Sourav Ganguly * 8
Nathan Astle 6
Michael Bevan 7
Mahela Jayawardene
Jonty Rhodes
Abdul Razzaq 5
Heath Streak 3
Graeme Swann 4
Shoaib Akthar 2
Courtney Walsh 1

Last edited:

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Himannv>me>weldone>Teuton>SCC1

with oblongballs to catch up.

Everyone once you make you last pick, post your team in batting order and come up with a description in a way that you can attract voters!

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Since he cant pick anyone from Windies, I will take Sunil Narine

CricZo XI

1. Sanath Jayasuriya / o (SL)
2. Mark Waugh / (AUS)
3. Jacques Kallis / o (SA)
4. Andy Flower / + (OTHER)
5. Yuvraj Singh / o (IND)
6. Paul Collingwood / o (ENG)
7. Andrew Symonds / o (AUS)
8. Chris Cairns / o (NZ)
9. Wasim Akram o / (PAK)
10. Sunil Narine o (WI)
11. Allan Donald o (SA)

This team bats deeeeeeeeep and has unbelievable bowling options to chose from.

- Jayasuriya and Waugh can go off to a flier as they did in nearly 500 ODIs out of 689 they played
- Jacques Kallis, Andy Flower and Paul Collingwood holds the innings whilst power hitters around them helps the team cross 300 regularly
- Yuvraj, Symonds, Cairns, Wasim can easily score at high SRs which will lift the total from 153/2 after 30 overs to 335/7 at the end of the innings.

- Wasim Akram and Chris Cairns will open the bowling ( 20 overs )
- Allan Donald will be the first change bowler as he prefers in ODIs ( 10 overs )
- Sunil Narine will be the main spinner ( 10 overs )
- Jacques Kallis & Paul Collingwood will be other medium pacers whilst Jayasuriya, Symonds, Yuvraj will play their roles on slow, spin friendly tracks ( 10 overs )
Good squad overall.But Narine had more success in T20Is than in ODIs.Lots of bowling depth with Jayasuriya, Yuvi both of whom are very potent slow left arm bowlers.Kallis,Collingwood,Symonds all can chip with the ball.Pretty much everyone here except for the keeper are really handy bowlers.
Let's see how other teams pan out. KK's side looks decent

kingkallis

International Coach
Good squad overall.But Narine had more success in T20Is than in ODIs.Lots of bowling depth with Jayasuriya, Yuvi both of whom are very potent slow left arm bowlers.Kallis,Collingwood,Symonds all can chip with the ball.Pretty much everyone here except for the keeper are really handy bowlers.
Let's see how other teams pan out. KK's side looks decent
Sunil Narine has extremely decent record in ODIs and he has stunning ER which is the reason why I picked him ahead of some other bowlers of Windies. Not a single batting unit could score more than 4.8/over against Narine.

92 wickets in 65 games with the ER of 4.12 is a steal.

Himannv

International Coach
01. Brendan McCullum+
02. Rohit Sharma
03. Aravinda de Silva
04. Joe Root
05. Michael Clarke*
06. David Miller
07. Shakib al Hasan
08. Nathan Bracken
09. Saqlain Mushtaq
10. Dale Steyn
11. Jerome Taylor

Not the worst team on the whole.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
SuperStarXI

TM Dilshan (SL)
Tamim Iqbal (OTHER)
Virat Kohli (IND)
Ricky Ponting (AUS) (C)
AB De Villiers (SA)
Carl Hooper (WI)
Andrew Flintoff (ENG)
Shane Warne (AUS)
Saeed Ajmal (PAK)
Trent Boult (NZ)
Lasith Malinga (SL)

Led by a captain with 2 WC titles under his captaincy.Tamim Iqbal has been terrific run getter as evident in the recent CT17, he will be partnered by Dilshan, with over 10k runs and highest run getter in 2011 WC.The openers will provide an ideal platform for the 3 ODI batting greats in Kohli,Punter and AB to translate the score to a big one. Hooper with his mastery and Flintoff's big hitting abilty should serve this team well further.Warne could be handy with the bat.

Bowling wise Warne is the best leggie and has 293 wickets in the format, was amazing in the 99WC knockouts with the leg spin of his.Boult and Malinga will share the new ball, with Flintoff being the 1st change. Ajmal with his off spon mastery should go on to complement well with the leg spin of Warne.

If need be Hooper, Dilshan can roll their arm over with their offies, their handy record of 193 and 106 ODI wickets each respectively is a true measure of their success with the ball

Himannv

International Coach
Superb side randycrickfreak. That combination of Kohli, Ponting and de Villiers just takes that batting lineup to another level.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
1. Shahid Afridi (5)
2. Graeme Smith
3. Brian Lara
4. Ross Taylor
5. Kevin Pietersen
6. MS Dhoni *+
7. Steve Tikolo (6)
8. Shaun Pollock (1)
9. Mitchell Starc (3)
10. Chaminda Vaas (2)
11. Ajantha Mendis (4)

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
oblongballs>kk>mrmr

Oblong has less than 2 hours from being timed out.
How was I timed out? Didn't Mister have to take his pick before I could? I mean that would make sense, meaning I would have up to 1pm today to make that pick.

Anyway, I don't think my guy was picked, I'm going for Scott Styris.

1. Hashim Amla SA
2. Virender Sehwag IND (7)
3. Ryan Ten Doeschate NL (6)
4. Mohammad Yousuf PAK
5. Jos Buttler ENG
6. QDK SA wk
7. Scott Styris NZ (5)
8. DJ Bravo WI (3)
9. Murali SL (4)
10. Brett Lee AUS (2)
11. Waqar Younis PAK c (1)

Last edited: