• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tests at Eden Park, New Zealand

Cid

Cricket Spectator
Got a couple of questions about this if anyone can help out. Eden Park is a huge stadium as I understand it, so can I take it there's little chance it'll sell out for England's Test there in March?

And is there any specific place/stand it would be sensible for a couple of England fans not in any kind of group trip to sit in Eden Park? We don't want to be those two pissed off Aussies surrounded by England fans cheering Cook's ton last night, though I guess if it's huge and half empty for a Test it won't matter.

Thanks for any help.

Athlai

Not Terrible
No chance it’ll sell out and it’s pretty much all the same, with the exception that there are uncovered terraces at two ends which may get a little unpleasant in the mid afternoon sun.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Test tickets there are usually GA and the concourse goes all the way around, so you'll be free to sit wherever takes your fancy.

But, as above, I'd avoid the uncovered areas square of the wicket.

Cid

Cricket Spectator
That's great, thanks. It's the east and west ends of the stadium that are uncovered, is that right? That would be square of the wicket but the 'ends' for a rugby match, as far as I can gather from photos.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's exactly right. Obviously it's unusually shaped for a cricket ground, but one advantage of that is you get good viewing from the north and south stands and feel very close to the action.

vandem

International 12th Man
Note that Hagley Park in Christchurch (2nd test) is a MUCH nicer ground to watch cricket at, and less chance of rain in Christchurch.