• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time Australian XI game

Himannv

International Coach
Wow, lots of Spofforth love.
There aren't as many options left. I guess you could make a case for Turner, Thomson, Macdonald, or Gregory. Grimmett, O'Reilly and Trumble can possibly fight it out over the next two bowling slots.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I do wonder whether Smith being in Australia B is a disservice.
Yeah, probably should've made the first team. Funny, just read this.
In four years from 2014 to 2017, Smith has made 5004 runs at an average of 75.81. Only Ricky Ponting - with 5077 runs at an average of 72.52 from 2003 to 2006 - has managed more runs in any four-year period than Smith.
Amazing that neither player can break into their country's best XI.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, probably should've made the first team. Funny, just read this. Amazing that neither player can break into their country's best XI.
The rate this is going Smith won't be in the 2nd XI which is utterly ludicrous.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For me the only reason Pointing isn't in the first XI is because the spot for which he is best suited is occupied by the greatest player the game has ever seen.