• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time Australian XI game

Himannv

International Coach
Yeah Ponting made his bones at 6. That 197 against Pak was legendary

But come on its Keith Miller. After Bradman he's the first chosen imo
Which is why he should have been picked ahead of Lindwall. Ponting is simply a better batsman than Miller, while I think it's harder to say that Lindwall was a much better bowler than Miller.

The Australian team of that time needed Miller more as a bowler and I think the story is the same in the All-time Australian XI. Australia have some truly amazing batsmen that all play between 3 and 6. Giving one of those slots to Miller seems pointless and only seems an option because you also have Gilchrist to balance things out.

kingkallis

International Coach
Australia XI:

Victor Trumper /
Matthew Hayden /
Don Bradman /
Greg Chappell /
Allan Border /
Adam Gilchrist + /
Keith Miller o /
Ray Lindwall o /
Shane Warne o /
Dennis Lillee o
Glenn McGrath o

Looks better and more balanced than..

Victor Trumper /
Matthew Hayden /
Don Bradman /
Greg Chappell /
Allan Border /
Ricky Ponting /
Adam Gilchrist + /
Ray Lindwall o /
Shane Warne o /
Dennis Lillee o
Glenn McGrath o

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
^ Agreed. But marking Warney down as an all-rounder is going a bit far. I also like the idea of Gilly coming in at 7, after Miller.

Himannv

International Coach
Yeah, I think Gilchrist comes in at 7 after Miller.

Personally I feel the second XI is balanced as well because I see 6 proper batsmen, 4 bowlers, and a keeper. That's all you need isn't it?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
1. Pick the 11th and final player to fit this team. If you think Gilchrist should be at 6 you are welcome to pick another bowler, spin or pace. If you think we need a pure batsman go for it.
Keith Miller

2. Name your two Australian A opening batsman
Simpson and Lawry

3. Select your Australian A keeper.
Ian Healy

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Australia XI:
1 V Trumper
2 M Hayden
3 D Bradman
4 G Chappell
5 A Border
6 K Miller
7 A Gilchrist
8 R Lindwall
9 S Warne
10 D Lillee
11 G McGrath

Australia A XI
1 A Morris
2 B Simpson
7 I Healy

Morris and Simpson narrowly beat Lawry and Healy had to contend with Oldfield.

1. Name the captain of Australia XI
2. Name your 2 opening Australia A bowlers
3. Pick 2 batsman to occupy the number 3 and 4 spots.