• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time Australian XI game

Midwinter

State Captain
J.Blackham - in this team the keeper won't need to make runs. The extra wickets he can take will more than make up for them anyway.

CTB Turner

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Gilchrist dominates the keeper slot. The 3rd seamer/second spin position was always going to be difficult, Lindwall gets picked ahead of Davidson.

Australia XI so far:
1 V Trumper
2 M Hayden
3 D Bradman
4 G Chappell
5 A Border
7 A Gilchrist
8 R Lindwall
9 S Warne
10 D Lillee
11 G McGrath

1. Pick the 11th and final player to fit this team. If you think Gilchrist should be at 6 you are welcome to pick another bowler, spin or pace. If you think we need a pure batsman go for it.

2. Name your two Australian A opening batsman

3. Select your Australian A keeper.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Shall we pick horses for courses please.
So no Ponting at 6.

1)Keith Miller

2) Arthur Morris and Bob Simpson

3) Ian Healy

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ponting and Miller both deserve selection over Border imo

Anyway

Miller, Morris and Slater, Oldfield

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ponting and Miller both deserve selection over Border imo

Anyway

Miller, Morris and Slater, Oldfield
I wonder if Smiths success has lowered some peoples opinion of Ponting at all? Not agreeing or disagreeing with you but I quite like having a fighter like Border in the XI as the other 5 top 7 bats selected so far are attacking minded batsman.

Enjoying this by the way thanks NUFAN
Hope we do a lot of teams.
Yeah I hope we can get to Australia O which would be 176 Test Cricketers.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah Ponting made his bones at 6. That 197 against Pak was legendary

But come on its Keith Miller. After Bradman he's the first chosen imo

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
K.Miller

Does this mean we start again ?
Yeah kinda. So youve answered question 1, you now have to answer question 2 and 3 to start the A team (I asked these questions as I dont think the answers will impact the answer to the first question and to keep the game going more).

1. Pick the 11th and final player to fit this team. If you think Gilchrist should be at 6 you are welcome to pick another bowler, spin or pace. If you think we need a pure batsman go for it.

2. Name your two Australian A opening batsman

3. Select your Australian A keeper.