• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time Australian XI game

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So everyone here has gone for a food enduced afternoon sleep.

I think its time to revive the World XI game from a few years back but just work on an individual country. Obviously if we are just picking the best XI its like any old thread, but the plan is to keep going and going until we have an Aussie O XI which would be the 16th best team.

So Ill follow a similar path throughout, if I ask for the best 2 middle order bats, ill allow a voting for a period of time (min 24 hours) and the two highest voters get selected, if there is a tie, either next vote wins or my vote will be the decider (if i havent voted already). Team balance will be important so instead of just asking everyone to name 11 players ill do it in a way so that we dont have 4 complete bunnies in the tail. Cool?

Ok so for Australian Test Cricket..
1. Select who think have been the two best ever opening batsman
2. Select your first drop/number 3
3. Name your two opening quicks.

Himannv

International Coach
1. Bob Simpson and Arthur Morris.
2. Can't think of anyone. No obvious option.
3. Glenn McGrath and Dennis Lillee.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
1. Simpson and Lawry
2. Bradman
3. McGrath and Lillee

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So best time Australian XI? I don't trust my already poor reading comprehension so I fear I've missed an underlying theme in this.

1. Ponsford and Trumper
2. Bradman
3. McGrath and Lillee

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So best time Australian XI? I don't trust my already poor reading comprehension so I fear I've missed an underlying theme in this.
Nah you havent. Its just we will continue on and on until Siddle makes a team, nah i just think it gets interesting to see where everyone ranks.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Trumper and Archie Jackson (with honourable mention for Alan Hilditch)
McCabe
Lindwall and Miller

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah you havent. Its just we will continue on and on until Siddle makes a team, nah i just think it gets interesting to see where everyone ranks.
it'll be quicker if we work from worst australian cricketers to best

watson

Banned
01. Bob Simpson
02. Victor Trumper
03. Don Bradman
09. Ray Lindwall
10. Dennis Lillee

Last edited: