• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time Australian XI game

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
There's no way on earth in my opinion that Monty Noble doesn't belong at least in Australia's fourth XI (I'd have him a team or two higher), so one of the spots has to be his. Johnston edging out McDermott for the other.

Monty Noble
Bill Johnston

As for 'keepers, it shows how blessed Australia has been that we've now selected four elevens and still not found a place for any of Blackham, Tallon or Grout.

Jack Blackham

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Noble
Johnston

I think the tail might be a tad long, but I feel we need another pacer and we already have a leggie so I didn't go for Armstrong.

Grout

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Australia C XI
1 W Woodfull
2 J Langer
3 C Macartney
4 L Hassett
5 M Hussey
6 M Noble
7 R Benaud
8 B Oldfield+
9 R Harris
10 G McKenzie
11 B Johnston

Australia D XI
8 D Tallon+

next questions
- Name your Aus C captain.

- Name 3 Aus D bowlers(in the unlikely event all 3 are spinners, only the first 2 will count plus first pacer)

- Pick the Australia D numbers 3 and 4 batsman

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Benaud for captain of course.

Trumble, Lawson, Reid

IA Chappell, Martyn

As it stands:

Australia XI:

1. VT Trumper
2. ML Hayden
3. DG Bradman *
4. GS Chappell
5. AR Border
6. KR Miller
7. AC Gilchrist +
8. RR Lindwall
9. SK Warne
10. DK Lillee
11. GD McGrath

Australia A XI
1. AR Morris
2. RB Simpson
3. RT Ponting
4. RN Harvey
5. SPD Smith
6. SR Waugh *
7. IA Healy +
8. AK Davidson
9. JN Gillespie
10. WJ Reilly
11. FR Spofforth

Australia B XI
1. WM Lawry
2. WH Ponsford
3. C Hill
4. SJ McCabe
5. MJ Clarke
6. KD Walters
7. RW Marsh +
8. MG Johnson
9. CBT Turner
10. CV Grimmett
11. JR Thomson

Australia C XI
1. WM Woodfull
2. JL Langer
3. CG Macartney
4. AL Hassett
5. MEK Hussey
6. MA Noble
7. RB Benaud
8. WAS Oldfield +
9. RJ Harris
10. GD McKenzie
11. WA Johnston

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
This team is more spoiled for captaincy choice than any I think I've ever seen - Benaud, Noble and Woodfull all rank among Australia's greatest ever leaders of men. I think Richie will win this, but I'm casting a vote for Noble.

Trumble, Thommo and McDermott as the three bowlers.

Chappelli and Waughm at 3/4.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Teuton and Sean, you can pick another bowler if you like. Jeff Thomson made Australia B.