• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time Australian XI game

Himannv

International Coach
Could've sworn I voted already. nvm.

Michael Clarke

Hugh Trumble
Ryan Harris (totally forgot about him)
Charles Macartney

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clarke

Benaud
McDermott
McCartney

Billy and Alderman should be spearheading this side IMO.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And with Reid as the third quick/left arm option. With Benaud as the spinner the tail doesn't look too bad either.

Reid and Harris had virtually identical careers ftr.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Really enjoying this, despite my silence up until now - a little surprised by just how closely the first three teams mirror my own selections.

Also a little surprised at so much love for Big Garth (superb bowler as he was) compared to none at all for McDermott. FWIW I'm voting for neither.

Clarke as skipper of the B team.

And for the Cs...

Benaud
Harris
Chappelli

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I was actually tossing up between Garth & Billy. Really tough to split them. Terry Alderman in the mix too. All of these guys were leaders of the Aussie pace attack at one point.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Name your Aus B captain

Lawry

Select your Aus C spinner

Hugh Trumble

Name 1 pace bowler

Merv Hughes

Pick the teams number 3 batsman.

Ian Chappell

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Australia B XI
1 B Lawry
2 B Ponsford
3 C Hill
4 S McCabe
5 M Clarke*
6 D Walters
7 R Marsh+
8 M Johnson
9 C Turner
10 C Grimmett
11 J Thomson

Australia C XI
1 B Woodfull
2 J Langer
3 C Macartney
8 R Benaud
9 R Harris

All pretty big wins with Lawry, Trumble, McKenzie, Chappelli all runners up. Harris v McKenzie was the closest battle.

Starfighter, teams do look better with full initials but im often on my Oppo so cbf checking all middle names.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
- Select Harris opening bowling partner
- Name the teams wicket keeper
- Select the teams number 4 and 5.

For the first time so far the bowlers weve picked at the start can hold a bat so I dont think batting is much of a factor for the next 2 main bowlers.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Accept your view on initials but surely it's W Woodfull...

I think the next clearest seam bowler to be picked should be Bill Johnston but he's not an opening bowler.... so

Gregory

Oldfield

Hussey + Hassett

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha Ill change Woodfull at the next update. Australia really has had some excellent batsman. So much quality is left to come.