• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Steven Smith Question

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Collingwood’s career was summed up by him making 200 in an ultimately futile cause.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Collingwood’s career was summed up by him making 200 in an ultimately futile cause.
I do not agree. Captaining England to their only ICC success in 2010 has to rank up there, as does captaining Durham from the brink of relegation to championship glory in 2013.

SillyCowCorner1

Let him go about merrily.

The real challenge for him comes when he has to face Rashid Khan and Mujeeb Zadran.

Trust me, he will not average over 15 against borh bowlers, respectively.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think quite a few people, not necessarily living in the north east of England, remember the 2010 World Twenty20!
Really? I'm flat out remembering a T20 I saw a couple of nights ago. Remembering a hit and giggle from 7 years ago is crazy talk.

S.Kennedy

Really? I'm flat out remembering a T20 I saw a couple of nights ago. Remembering a hit and giggle from 7 years ago is crazy talk.
Well at least a lot of Englishmen who do not support Durham. It is the only ICC thing England have ever won. There was even a dvd of the final released; I have it somewhere.

Woodster

International Captain
He played many a gutsy innings for England, vital part of the team at the peak of his powers. Not to mention an unbelievable fielder.

Spikey

main thing i remember about the 2010 T20 WC is that Steve Smith was the third highest wicket taker

Gob

International Coach
Ponting's backlift and step across was pretty accentuated
Back lift yeah but no pre trigger unless we are talking about early days when his back foot tends to go towards the leg which is never good. Even when he pulled he usually swiveled instead of the traditional back and across. Pretty obvious to see below

Gnske

Huh, could have sworn his front foot movement always happened earlier during the delivery stride.

Gnske

No, it was summed up by what that scum sucker did to Grant Elliott.

The worst incident since the underarm ball.

S.Kennedy

No, it was summed up by what that scum sucker did to Grant Elliott.

The worst incident since the underarm ball.
I wouldn't go that far but I didn't like that. He could have withdrawn the appeal. In his defence he regretted it later and apologised.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure how this is even a thread. Seen him score plenty of hard runs at difficult times, and to average whatever he does as captain of Australia - and to have built his career from a rubbish leggie batting at 8 - is worthy of the highest praise. Ruining cricket? Please. As a batsman he epitomises what cricket is, able to score 100-ball or 300-ball tons.

Austerlitz

U19 Debutant
Only thing is he has faced just 1 ATG bowler in his whole career - steyn and 2 semi-atgs in anderson and ashwin.

Tendulkar and/or Lara faced a dozen ATG bowlers(waqar,wasim,mcgrath,gillespie,ambrose,walsh,steyn,pollock,donald,akhtar,johnson,anderson,warne,murali,kumble,bond before injury) and numerous semi-atgs(lee,saqlain,ntini,harbhajan,zaheer)