• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** - The Big One : Zimbabwe in South Africa

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Kepler Wessels tried to put him down as a medium pacer but he's sharp enough for sure.
He seems a lot quicker than the one time I've seen him bowl previously, and that was only a couple of years back. I guess 19 to 21 are the prime sort of ages you'd put pace on.

SeamUp

International Coach
This is seriously challenging. Swing and seam. Zimbo's need a wicket for rewards.

It may be the extra grass and coastal venue but this already exceeds anything the Bangers seamers did.

Pity about selection. Wanted to see Dale.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
This is seriously challenging. Swing and seam. Zimbo's need a wicket for rewards.

It may be the extra grass and coastal venue but this already exceeds anything the Bangers seamers did.

Pity about selection. Wanted to see Dale.
Pink ball?

SeamUp

International Coach
Pink ball?
Yeah - supposedly you have to leave more grass than usual for the pink ball. Not sure if the seam is different but has extra coats of lacquer.

Wondering what it is going to do under lights.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Thought Moor was a more regular keeper than Taylor? When did Taylor last keep?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wonder how many of Elgar's cover drives he's ever tried to play have accidentally gone straight for four.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wonder how many of Elgar's cover drives he's ever tried to play have accidentally gone straight for four.
I wonder if, by the time he retires, he'll have surpassed Langer's numbers for having done the exact opposite of that.

SeamUp

International Coach
Blessing can be pleased with his first spell. Just hop ZC can give him the platform to keep improving. Lots of false dawns with seamers over the years.

Markram just so compact but has the shots to take an attack part. Really looking forward to see how he goes over the summer with the tough challeges that await.

Gnske

Blessing can be pleased with his first spell. Just hop ZC can give him the platform to keep improving. Lots of false dawns with seamers over the years.

Markram just so compact but has the shots to take an attack part. Really looking forward to see how he goes over the summer with the tough challeges that await.
Well he better do something, Heino Kuhn died so Aiden could live.

But I like the cut of his jib, hope he pilfers runs.

SeamUp

International Coach
Well he better do something, Heino Kuhn died so Aiden could live.

But I like the cut of his jib, hope he pilfers runs.
:D The cricketing sacrifice of 2017

Heino Gunther Kuhn fell at the battle of Old Trafford after 4 ultimate tests of character. CSA saltues you.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This thread has alerted me to the fact that this started an hour earlier than I realised.

Thanks CW!
This used to be a problem for me earlier. Not any more after I joined betfair - they show all start times clearly together..

Gnske

:D The cricketing sacrifice of 2017

Heino Gunther Kuhn fell at the battle of Old Trafford after 4 ultimate tests of character. CSA saltues you.
If you went back in time and told those Greek and Roman tragedians about Heino Kuhn, I dare say every single one of them would have gone to the rope store knowing everything they had was just meaningless in comparison.

I just hope he had a good pep talk before his first test, something along the vein of "Are you worried you'll score too many runs this series?"