• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** - The Big One : Zimbabwe in South Africa

SeamUp

International Coach
Been watching as well... great stuff. Have not had to fight back any tears, yet! Hopefully they don't show 'that' WC incident....
:D Oh man tears of disappointment are long gone. Nostalgic one's are always better.

Just back on that subject. Hersch caught it and I stick by that. :ph34r:

SeamUp

International Coach
Merry Christmas to everyone who visits the thread by the way. Proteas seem to have a good spirit.

the big bambino

International Captain
More on Zimbabwe. They set to debut 2m Blessing Muzarabani. They quietly excited about him. Not express pace but can get it through.

So bowling will be Jarvis, Mpofu, Blessing, Cremer

The batting is still a fight over 3 positions between Mire, Moor, Chakabva, Chibhaba & Burl
From what I've read looks very promising. Although only 5 fc matches old looks set to take the new ball with Jarvis.

Dendarii

International Debutant
No one's getting that hat off Morkel's head that's for sure. Looks like he has about 6 inches on Rabada :ph34r::ph34r:
According to Wikipedia, Morkel is 6'5" (1.96m) and Rabada is 6'3" (1.91m). It certainly doesn't look like it in that photo.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I'm okay with Blessing playing as long as they don't decide it means they're allowed to leave Chatara out. He's fit now; he should be playing ahead of Mpofu.

SeamUp

International Coach
Would agree PEWS but there seems to be a belief Chatara isn't fit as he bowled so little overs in the warm-up.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Chatara was almost-fit two months ago when Zimbabwe last played a Test and he hasn't got injured since. If he's not fit now there's something seriously wrong.

I think it's just a classic example of ZC thinking there's a smaller gap between their better players and the next best lot than there really is. "Williams is out of form", "Chatara isn't fully fit" -- yeah, true enough, but they're still better than the ****s you're going to pick in their place ffs.

Last edited:

Stefan9

International Debutant
Saw this coming. But why isn't Elgar captain?
Because AB is the golden boy...

Personally thinks this sets a bad precedent, giving the captaincy to someone who picks and chooses when he plays.

Last edited:

Stefan9

International Debutant
So no steyn or faf due to virus infections...Me thinks someone is trying to pad numbers before the indian and aus series...

Spark

Global Moderator
So no steyn or faf due to virus infections...Me thinks someone is trying to pad numbers before the indian and aus series...
Wait, wouldn't you want to play against Zimbabwe if you wanted to pad your numbers?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Because AB is the golden boy...

Personally thinks this sets a bad precedent, giving the captaincy to someone who picks and chooses when he plays.
And he didn't even want it in the first place, so he gave it to another guy called Hashim Amla who also didn't want it.

Should just ease the fella in.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I take it Blessing was part of the Bruce Reid cloning program the ICC conducted a couple of decades back?