• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** - The Big One : Zimbabwe in South Africa

MediumFast

Cricket Spectator
My guess:

Elgar
Markram
Amla
Bavuma
De Villiers
Du Plessis
De Kock
Philander
Rabada
Steyn
Morkel

Markram & Bavuma 5th bowlers to give all the quicks a chance.

MediumFast

Cricket Spectator
Not dropping Maharaj in PE....
Normally I wouldn't but they need to somehow give all the quicks, AB and Bavuma a run. With all due respect to Zim it should not affect the outcome of the match.
All I know is if they want Philander and Steyn in the A-team they must be played. I am just worried they will keep them in cotton wool for India. That Newlands test is dangerous for us especially with the drought which will mean favourable conditions for India who is already battle hardened.

The other option if Faf is not able to play:

Elgar
Markram
Amla
Bavuma
De Villiers
De Kock
Philander
Maharaj
Rabada
Steyn
Morkel

SeamUp

International Coach
My guess:

Elgar
Markram
Amla
Bavuma
De Villiers
Du Plessis
De Kock
Philander
Rabada
Steyn
Morkel

Markram & Bavuma 5th bowlers to give all the quicks a chance.
Whatever happens I think it is important all 5 bowlers get a run-out.

Dendarii

International Debutant
I realise it's just Zimbabwe, but we should still look to play our best side, and with 51 wickets in 13 matches at an average of 26 (and without playing in the subcontinent), the best side has to include Maharaj.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Personally, it was already being ruined by having a 5 day limit. It's timeless tests or nothing.

SeamUp

International Coach
Busy fighting back tears here on SuperSport Show Case. Going through the great SA cricketers. Kallis has just been. I don't think I can love another cricketer more.

Next up Gibbs.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
More on Zimbabwe. They set to debut 2m Blessing Muzarabani. They quietly excited about him. Not express pace but can get it through.

So bowling will be Jarvis, Mpofu, Blessing, Cremer

The batting is still a fight over 3 positions between Mire, Moor, Chakabva, Chibhaba & Burl

SeamUp

International Coach
So is Steyn playing or not?
Trying to find more on the subject. And there is nothing. It wouldn't surprise me if it is wrong and Dale plays.

The big doubt is Faf but that was obvious and that is what other news outlets are showing and saying how tough it will be to pick an XI

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Busy fighting back tears here on SuperSport Show Case. Going through the great SA cricketers. Kallis has just been. I don't think I can love another cricketer more.

Next up Gibbs.
Been watching as well... great stuff. Have not had to fight back any tears, yet! Hopefully they don't show 'that' WC incident....