• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who has the best top 6 between india, australia and south africa ?

Over the last few years these three countries have lost some legendary batsmen through retirement and have been trying to fill the voids left by these cricketer's ever since. However in the last 2-3 months ( in Australia's case this past month) it's safe to say that these teams may have settled on a top 6 that could play for the next 2-3 seasons at least. Below are list of the strongest possible top 6(IMO) of INDIA,AUSTRALIA and SOUTH AFRICA that will be playing TEST cricket over the next 2-3 years. Which top 6 is the strongest for all conditions home and away?...you decide

INDIA
1.Vijay
2.Dhawan
3.Pujara
4.Kholi
5.Rahane
6.Saha

AUSTRALIA
1.Warner
2.Bancroft
3.Khawja
4.Smith
5.S.Marsh
6. M.Marsh

SOUTH AFRICA
1.Markram
2.Elgar
3.Amla
4. De Villiers
5. Du Plesis
6. De kock

Last edited:

Slifer

International Captain
Should be India but Pujara is crap outside Asia and Rahane is crap in Asia. Therefore I'll go with RSA assuming De Villiers is available.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I like India best unless De Villiers decides he wants to play test cricket still and the old Amla returns.

J_C

U19 Captain
India don't have a fixed no. 6 but Vijay/Rahul/Pujara/Kohli/Rahane is the best top 5 in the world IMO.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India. SA second. Australia third.

Australia are not settled at all. Only Warner and Smith were even in the side for the last test series. Bancroft, Khawaja and both Marsh's didn't play in Bangladesh.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The only reason Australia is even in the conversation is that Smith is worth two batsmen right now.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
South Africa takes it. Unfortunately i doubt we'll have a top 6 like that. They'll look to squeeze in Bavuma.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India just ahead of South Africa.

I'd narrowly rate NZ's top 6 ahead of Australia's
Doesn't Santner bat 6 now? Both him and Nicholls are a bit of a burden imo. I like Raval amd Latham but I think the Smith factor tips it in Australia's favour.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
India overall IMO, but obviously depends where they're playing. Outside Asia both Aus & SA would be stronger.
Not necessarily. India have considerably scored 400+ outside of Asia in the last few years. Their last Australian series saw them pile up the runs. Not sure we can say the same for Aus/SA in Asia or elsewhere. South African batting crumbled repeatedly in England this year and Australia's batting in England isn't known for piling up the runs either.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Not necessarily. India have considerably scored 400+ outside of Asia in the last few years. Their last Australian series saw them pile up the runs. Not sure we can say the same for Aus/SA in Asia or elsewhere. South African batting crumbled repeatedly in England this year and Australia's batting in England isn't known for piling up the runs either.
Yes, we all know how superbly the Indian batting fared the last time they were in England...

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This is 2018. British Empire has ended. 70% of the world is no longer under British rule. Outside Asia not equal to England.

Last edited:

ImpatientLime

International Regular
-mention south africa and australias failings in england
-get mad when someone mentions india failings in england

lol