• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Big Bash League 2017/18

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Shawn Bradstreet, now that is a name I haven't heard in a while. Apparently doing some assistant coaching for the Thunder these days.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was a much better ten overs from the Thunder. We might actually have an interesting game now.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
so 2 off 1 with a spinner on. do you have long on and long off all the way on the fence or do you push them up to prevent a 2 but risk it going over their heads

TheJediBrah

some lazy fielding those last few overs from the Thunder. A few 2s and singles that should not have been there.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
so 2 off 1 with a spinner on. do you have long on and long off all the way on the fence or do you push them up to prevent a 2 but risk it going over their heads
Yeah interesting question, it does depend on the batsman and bowler at the time a bit. With Henriques on strike, I would bring the fielder to try and prevent the 2, particular with how Green had bowled the first 5 balls.

Henriques hit the ball to quite a wide mid on so Hughes may have got back for 2 anyway.

TheJediBrah

I hadnt noticed before but does Maddo prefer women or men?Happy for him either way.
It would be great if he did prefer men. Or both. For progressiveness and such.

Anyway I don't get that vibe from him, pretty sure he's just an attention seeker

England06

Cricket Spectator
Thoughts on the commentary team?
I really like Adam Gilchrist he's really good in my opinion. Like Ponting too. The woman the other day was very knowledgeable. Rest are ok but Fleming seems to like hearing his own voice too much And Waugh seems to do very little but sit looking smug all the time offering little. The blonde haired guy Howard ? Seems to get over excited

England06

Cricket Spectator
Also I've heard them say it's free to watch in Australia. Is the channel its on a free sports channel or a normal channel that shows cricket sometimes?
It's on subscription here in England to watch

Spark

Global Moderator
Gilchrist is really, really good. I kind of expected Ponting to be good, but Gilchrist has been a revelation IMO.

No wonder Warne hates him.