• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Big Bash League 2017/18

ajdude

International Coach
Yep.

But it helps that they're filling three hours not 30 hours.
they only have the three commentators per night though, i imagine if they had test cricket and they could rotate between howie, ponting, flem, gilly, waugh, jones, sthelakar for stints it wouldn't get too stale

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Things I learned tonight:
- Bancroft sucks at T20. Just got lucky to get Scorchers as close as he did.
- Don't **** with Mitchell McClenaghan, he looks like an angry man
- I think I have a thing for Lisa Sthalekar

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Andrew Symonds needs to coach a Big Bash team and scare them into never dropping a catch.

Stapel

International Regular
I haven't seen the incident in question, but (as usual) I really dislike putting the onus on the opposition captain to withdraw the appeal.

Also, if this stops the epidemic of players running in curved lines or zigzagging when they take a run, it'll be no bad thing.
In this occasion, it appeared as if the batsman was running in a curved line, to avoid being in the line / being hit by the ball......

ajdude

International Coach
calling it now; i'm going to get on facebook/twitter tomorrow morning and see a clickbait headline from fox sports about maxwell's discipline after he just swore at the square leg umpire

TheJediBrah

Wow for a guy who's made over 100 runs in the tournament without being dismissed, Faulkner has been garbage this Big Bash

stephen

This is proof that Maxwell needs to smarten up his training. He's hitting balls to all parts of the boundary with shots that are not pepper cricket shots. How dare he score lots of runs quickly.

Spikey

A handful of games are being played in regional centres this season, Canberra got a Thunder game, Geelong a Renegades game, Launceston a Hobart game and Alice gets a Strikers game. The Alice has also been getting a few shield and tour games in the past few seasons

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Also worth noting that the Northern Territory field a team in South Australian Premier Cricket now, meaning Alice is kind of SACA/Strikers territory in a loose way.

Spikey

And historically the Northern Territory was a part of SA. I'm guessing next season Brisbane will take a game to Cairns or something while Perth, Sixers & the Stars get to play their full allotment at home

stephen

Vince has been the only thunder batsman to actually look like he's playing T20 cricket. Everyone else has been batting like Vince batted in the tests.