• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Big Bash League 2017/18

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Steketee's gather/action seems to get more Flintoffesque every time I watch him play. It's almost to the point where it has to be deliberate -- it's too idiosyncratic to be a coincidence IMO.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
some of these stats are getting a bit too anal. "white only averages 17 against the heat" ok whatever?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Steketee's gather/action seems to get more Flintoffesque every time I watch him play. It's almost to the point where it has to be deliberate -- it's too idiosyncratic to be a coincidence IMO.
Looks pretty much the same as when I first saw him IMO. The resemblance was striking though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
some of these stats are getting a bit too anal. "white only averages 17 against the heat" ok whatever?
Haha yeah it's classic stathead really. Some of them are really interesting and provide good insight, but some of them are just completely useless coincidences, and sadly it's usually the latter that the appointed "stats commentators" seem to ****ing love.

Gnske

Looks pretty much the same as when I first saw him IMO. The resemblance was striking though.
Doesn't have that gusto though, or that lean back.

Or that annoying spot in his hair that gave Flintoff power for one whole series.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Doesn't have that gusto though, or that lean back.

Or that annoying spot in his hair that gave Flintoff power for one whole series.
Yeah I think it's the lean back that's been getting more Flintoffesque as time has gone on. He's always had the arms/windup going, but the lean back is getting closer as well.

Zinzan

BTW, what's with Gilchrist's sickening sycophantic commentary about McCullum?

He had a crap game with the bat and his team got smashed, yet Gilly repeatedly talked him up as a genius all night.

Makes James Brayshaw & Michael Slater seem like neutral commentators by comparison.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

He had a crap game with the bat and his team got smashed, yet Gilly repeatedly talked him up as a genius all night.

Makes James Brayshaw & Michael Slater seem like neutral commentators by comparison.
He is a genius, in a cricket sense. One off night shouldn't change it.

TheJediBrah

Gilly's just a super nice guy, and obviously loves McCullum (who doesn't though)

Zinzan

He is a genius, in a cricket sense. One off night shouldn't change it.
That's fine, so save the praise for when he & the team he's captaining are actually do well, like the 1st game, I had no problem with the Gilly love then.

But last night, he had an off-night, and so did his side, so the sycophant level should have been down a notch.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I always cringe when I hear McCullum talked up as some sort of paragon of sportsmanship and virtue. Just look at how he got the NZ captaincy in the first place, Ross Taylor was being systematically undermined for most of his leadership stint.

Zinzan

I always cringe when I hear McCullum talked up as some sort of paragon of sportsmanship and virtue. Just look at how he got the NZ captaincy in the first place, Ross Taylor was being systematically undermined for most of his leadership stint.
To be fair on him, not sure much blame for that debacle can be pinned on McCullum. Hesson & NZC far more so for the diabolical communication and manner in which it was done, and Taylor himself from the point of view that he wasn't up to the captaincy mark.

Gnske

Wasn't it McCullum though that said Taylor never had the gumption or some gobbilty gook to be captain? That or he complained that Ross looked bored the entire time with it.