• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Big Bash League 2017/18

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Patterson is not a T20 player. You can't be playing slow half trackers pitching outside leg for dot balls in the first 6 overs.

Surely there's other guys in grade cricket around the country like Dean and Blizzard who are better T20 players
Luke Dempsey. Blokes an animal. Hits the ball ****ing miles.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Always nice to see a Sydney team smashed.

Nair does look like his action pushes the boundaries of the 15 degree rule. Still I'm not sure he straightens.

stephen

Siddle the most economical bowler in the shield too. At least in the big bash he doesn't need to take wickets (even though he's snagged a couple tonight).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Is Peter Siddle now the best white ball bowler in World cricket?Amazing, after his wonderful Ryobi campaign.

stephen

In brighter news, Rashid Khan looks the goods. I really hope Australia plays Afghanistan in a test some time soon. I'd love to see Smith face him.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Some of Nair's deliveries look fine, others look dodgy as all hell. I wouldn't call his action consistent, but as to legality I don't want to make a call either way.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
There is a slightly weird betting market for highest scorchers runscorer tonight:

Wiley 4.00
Voges 4.25
Whiteman 4.25
Cartwright 4.50
Turner 7.00
Inglis 7.00
Agar 15.00

Everyone else 51 or higher.

Get on Turner IMO.

Gnske

Whiteman is finally back eh?

Bet he'll be wishing this happened a month or two sooner.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
There is a slightly weird betting market for highest scorchers runscorer tonight:

Wiley 4.00
Voges 4.25
Whiteman 4.25
Cartwright 4.50
Turner 7.00
Inglis 7.00
Agar 15.00

Everyone else 51 or higher.

Get on Turner IMO.
Yeah we need to watch out for Bosisto to put a spanner in the works here (unlisted by the bookies, but may open). Bosisto made 66 and Phillippe 38 in the third warm-up against the Lions last Friday.

Will Bosisto, who wasn't included in the original 18-man squad, is one player set to earn a crack against the Sixers, with Josh Philippe another who could be thrown into the deep end.
Turner batted No. 5, No. 5, No. 3 -
https://www.ecb.co.uk/matches/7227
https://www.ecb.co.uk/matches/7228
https://www.ecb.co.uk/matches/7229

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1. Bosisto
2. Philippe
3. Cartwright
4. Turner
5. Voges
6. Agar

Willey the shortest price is scheduled to bat at 8. Kippax I agree that Bosisto is the big danger, but very happy with the $7 on offer for Turner.

TheJediBrah

Graeme Swann being asked to comment on Mitchell Johnson's bowling, this could get awkward. Hopefully they don't ask him specifically about being scared into retirement . . .

Spikey

heh, nothing major as it should remain out but it seems to me we should probably not allow keepers to have white gloves in games with white balls

Spikey

Billings looking every bit an Englishman with that bizarre decision to go down the wicket