• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Big Bash League 2017/18

Spark

Global Moderator
Who is Aaron Summers? Looks like he has wheels.

edit: although not too convinced he knows where they're pitching

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
Thats about the fastest attack I've seen. Summers (who the ..?) even quicker than Mills and Archer looking the best of them.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was Summers quicker? Didn't pay attention to speed gun but the guy looked like the epitome of lumbering.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd like to see their speed gun ratings another couple of times before I'm buying them

the big bambino

International Captain
Unfortunately you need more than speed . . . if he doesn't tighten up he'll go for plenty
True. My comment was only directed at his speed. He was erratic and with a pretty physical action I wonder if he can sustain it over a long spell let alone a career.

Was Summers quicker? Didn't pay attention to speed gun but the guy looked like the epitome of lumbering.
Got it over 150 a few times but ...

I'd like to see their speed gun ratings another couple of times before I'm buying them
... you're probably right. Just read a story from Ryan Harris who ran his eye and speed gun over him recently. Apparently he topped out at 143k with the majority of his deliveries in the high 130s.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Heading off to tomorrow’s Sixers game with the BIL who’s over from Adelaide for Xmas. Hope it’s a good one.