• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ireland to host ICC Trophy in 2005

Craig

World Traveller
The ICC announced that Ireland will host the 2005 ICC Throphy with the majority of matches in Dublin and Belfast.

I would love to see Ireland qualify for a WC. I guess this would be the few times Ireland and Northern Ireland will play under "Ireland"?

Waughney

International Debutant
Craig said:
The ICC announced that Ireland will host the 2005 ICC Throphy with the majority of matches in Dublin and Belfast.

I would love to see Ireland qualify for a WC. I guess this would be the few times Ireland and Northern Ireland will play under "Ireland"?
Wouldn't it be great? I think Kenya will win.

Craig

World Traveller
Do you hail from Kenya or are you their number one supporter?

Nothing wrong in doing so, just wondering.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Craig said:

Tell me Craig, is the 2005 ICC Throphy anything like the 2005 ICC Trophy? ;)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
1) Kenya won't play in the ICC Trophy as they have full ODI status
2) Northern Ireland and the Republic play as a United side in Rugby Union
3) Canada don't have a snowball's chance without Davison
4) I reckon it'll be very close between five or six if the recent Six Nations is anything to go by

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Likely candidates are:

Holland, Namibia, Scotland, UAE and USA

Denmark, Canada, Nepal and Uganda are likely to be there or thereabouts.

tooextracool

International Coach
id love to see a South american team in there....would be amazing to see a tour in one of the south american countries. does brazil play cricket?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
tooextracool said:
id love to see a South american team in there....would be amazing to see a tour in one of the south american countries. does brazil play cricket?
What about Guyana?!

Brazil became an Affiliate member in 2000, and Argentina are comfortably the strongest, thanks to a large ex-pat community. They also boast the record for the oldest International cricketer, 81-year-old George Ferguson, who played in the 1994 ICC Trophy in Kenya having made his first-class debut a remarkable 64 years earlier against Sir Julien Cahn's XI.

tooextracool

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
What about Guyana?!
guyana is more central american for me. id like to see a traditional south american team filled with those rain dancers some where in the middle of those amazon rainforests :p